43

Mika

Panay ang sulyap ko sa side ng Creamline to look for that particular player pero for the nth time ay bigo akong makita sya.

Malapit na ding magsimula ang laro.

I saw Kim, Ara and the rest of the F2 Logistic took their seats just behind the bench of our team and waved at me.

I smile and ask permission from Coach Shaq to acknowledge them and I ran to them after he allows me to.

"Oh, ba't busangot yang mukha mo?" Si Kim na lahat ng bagay ay napapansin. Napaghahalataan ang mga tsismosa lahat ng bagay napupuna.

I smacked her head instead of answering and she glared at me while complaining how harsh kind of friend I am.

Maya maya pa ay tinawag na kami at pinapila hudyat na magsisimula na talaga ang laro. Napalingon akong muli sa gawi ng CCS bench pero muli ay bigo akong matagpuan ang hinahanap ng aking mga mata.

Siguro nga ay hindi sya sasali sa game.

Asa kapa kasi! Kastigo ng mahaderang konsensya ko.

We suddenly heard the crowd cheering and they are all looking at the monitor at the ceiling so I also take a peek and saw Rhian's smiling face while waving at the camera.

So she really came.

Flashback

We just finished a long hour of intensive training and we are dead tired down to our nerves. Coach Shaq said that we will re representing the league so we have to be better than our best.

Comparison with both leagues been going through a lot in the social media and though we don't want to imply that we want to prove or show them we are better, we don't want to lose the game without even putting up a fight. We don't want to lose in particular.

CCS roaster has been giving threat to all the PVL teams. They refer to them as elite, allstar, perfect, and the likes. Their bench is deep that Coach Tai has a never ending combination of players. His bench player can be as good as the first six, too.

Even during the time when there is reinforcement, their local players were still as productive and reliable as their reinforcement.

I walked to my car's direction in autopilot as my body felt really dead tired.

But I stopped my track when I saw the least person I'm expecting a visit to leaning in my car's door with all her glory. I am not able to think of any reason for a visit either.

Baka naman hindi ikaw ang sadya nakisandal lang sa kotse mo. My not so bitchy conscience told me. I recover from being starstruck and continue walking considering she is just leaning there for no reason.

She smiled at me when I am just few meters away from her at umalis sa pagkakasandal sa kotse ko. I smiled back para hindi masabihang rude kahit hindi naman ako sigurado kung para saan yung ngiti na yun. Maybe she is just being friendly dahil sa nature ng trabaho nila. They need to smile to almost everyone.

"Hi." Bati nya sa akin at isang ilang na ngiti ang ibinigay ko sa kanya. Baka magtatanong lang. I reasoned out to myself because I really cannot think of any reason why she will talk to me. "We need to talk."

Tama ba ang narinig ko? Mag-uusap kami? Ako talaga? Alam ba nya ang pangalan ko?

She must've seen the confusion in my eyes and she faced palm.

"Sorry, my bad. I'm Rhian." She extends her hand for a handshake and I take it. I was about to introduce myself when she cuts me mid-sentence. "Mika, right? Mika Reyes." That brought me more questions than an answer to the confusions I had earlier.