Chapter 11: The Welcome Feast

The sky wasn't blue anymore. The sunset at the horizon gave the sky a brilliant orange color stirring with red and yellow.

The scene of the fire sky and the cold breeze brought Peter's memories of his dear father back. His mother, unfortunately, died at child birth. Peter lived all his life with his father in a farmhouse. The only friends he had there were the animals: cows, chickens, horses...

There was this precious memory he thought he'd lost. The time when he was enjoying a rare magical sunset moment with his father during summertime. The clouds near the horizon were shaped like magical women, and the way they moved made him believe they were actually dancing.

But then he remembered the day his father was murdered because of him and his trust.

"Peter, why are you crying?" Said Ama, placing her hand on Peter's shoulder.

He'd nearly forgotten he was riding on a giant eagle with Monica behind and Ama flying be his side. When he came back to his senses, he felt a warm tear on his cheek and wiped it off with his finger. "I... I'm not. I just got something in my eye."

But Ama didn't believe him. She knew that Peter was hiding something from her. "Are you sure there's nothing wrong?" Said Ama softly.

"Yeah, yeah, it's just the wind." Peter insisted, smiling.

"Alright, if you say so." Ama flew away.

Peter looked left and right, then up and down, sighing deeply in relief.

"What's wrong, Peter?" Said Monica caressing his back.

"Nothing." Said Peter quickly. He nearly forgot about Monica as well.

"Are you sure? You don't look so good."

"I'm fine, Monica." Said Peter, getting annoyed.

"Alright." Said Monica, letting go of the matter.

Peter felt a little bad about using this kind of tone. But he didn't want to talk about his father in front of anyone. He was afraid mentioning it again might affect Monica and Judy's emotions.

"So Monica, did you have a good sleep?" Asked Peter, looking at Monica with a smile as if nothing had just happened.

"Actually, I didn't get any sleep. Neither did Judy."

"You didn't?"

"No, we didn't. It... We didn't feel tired anymore, that's all." Replied Monica.

"It's because of Sirus, isn't it?" Said Peter.

"No, it's not." Said Monica honestly.

"Or that Joanna you saw?" Said Peter.

Monica bit her lower lip, "Well... yes. Yes it is."

"So what did she look like?" Said Peter curiously.

"Well..." Before Monica could describe her, Judy and Nicholas flew near them with the eagle.

"Is something wrong?" Said Judy, looking worried.

"Everything's fine." Replied Peter.

"I was just telling Peter about Joanna." Added Monica.

"Well, what're you waiting for? Tell us." Said Nicholas eagerly.

Within less than a minute, Monica had told them every detail of the woman who saved her, what she was like, how she saved her life, what she said to her. "After she dropped me, Ama found me and she was gone."

"And weren't you scared?" Asked Peter curiously.

"Scared?" Monica scoffed. "I was terrified. I mean, she looked nice, but when she looked at me like... that, I didn't know what else to do."