Chapter 15: Always a Happy Memory

They were woken by an irritating, loud noise ringing in their ears constantly.

"Come children! It's time to wake up!" Said that cheerful and hyper voice. And the blow horn in her hand didn't help.

Monica and Judy were quite awake. Peter had fallen on the floor as always. Nicholas was still on his hammock covering his ears and face with his pillow.

"Come on, everybody up!" Shouted Ama, blowing the horn again.

Judy, Peter and Monica quickly covered their ears tightly.

"WE'RE AWAKE! WE'RE AWAKE! STOP BLOWING THAT BLOODY THING!" Shouted Peter.

Ama stopped.

"All right." She giggled. "Nicholas, get up."

But Nicholas gave an unhappy growl, rolled to his stomach covering his head with his pillow.

"Very well, if you insist." Said Ama. She held out her palm to her mouth and blew. Wind gathered around her hand before it gusted through the room, knocking Nicholas right off his hammock.

"What the bloody hell?!" Nicholas growled. He looked around him and saw that the room was barely dark.

"Come now, children. Get up and get dressed, then meet us in the dining room." Ama ordered, skipping out of the room.

"What time is it?" Yawned Judy.

"I'll let you guess." Said Peter scratching his head.

"Six in the morning?" Asked Judy.

"Feels like five." Monica moaned, rubbing her eye.

After a nice splash of water in the face and getting into their daily clothes, the children went down to the dining room, where Alexandra, Sirus and Ama were waiting.

"Good morning, children." Said Sirus, energetic. "Well let's get a move on."

The children were about to climb up the stairs.

"Children where are you going?" Said Alexandra, looking puzzled.

"To the roof." Said Peter pointing up.

"Why fly down when you could slide down." Said Ama, pointing at the grass floor.

Sirus kneeled on the floor and put both of his hands on the grass. The grass shrunk instantly and all that was left was a wooden floor and a wooden trapdoor. He opened it to find an endless hole, wide enough for a man to slide into.

"Ladies first." Offered Sirus, clearing the way for the queens and the girls.

"Follow me." Said Alexandra, before she jumped in the hole and slid out of sight.

Judy without thinking, jumped behind Alexandra. "Come on!" her voice echoed.

"I'm right behind you." Yelled Monica, jumping after her.

Following Ama, Peter jumped on his belly and slid down after them. Sirus offered Nicholas to go before him but he just crossed his arms and looked away.

"Don't take too long." Sirus winked and jumped.

Nicholas snorted, rolled his eyes and followed everyone.

The slide had ended at the bottom of the tree.

"Follow me, everyone." Sirus beckoned.

They walked past the trunk, through the empty and grey forest, then stopped in front of the wall. The children had almost forgotten about it. Why was it there in the first place?