Chapter 26: Wrath

Except for Nicholas, the children darted, while screaming their names vigorously, towards what seemed to be their families.

Alive.

The angels, centaurs and humans backed away in fear.

"Humus Shield!" Sirus summoned. The unbreakable shield rose from between the three children and the family.

"Mom, Dad!" shouted Monica, tapping on the shield.

"Anna, Mabel, Mom, it's me! Judy!" Judy sobbed.

Anna, Mabel and their looked like they had never seen Judy before. They were terrified.

"Take down the shield!" Demanded Peter desperately banging the shield with his fists, ignoring the pain which was growing in his knuckles.

"I can't." Said Sirus regrettably shaking his head.

"Sirus, please!" Judy begged in tears.

No matter how hard they tried, they couldn't make a scratch. Nicholas was the only one who hadn't reacted. He stood there, paralyzed, his teeth and fists trembling as they clenched. He stared at what seemed to be his father, mother and brother, with those sadistic and wild eyes.

"Lightfeather, Pearlblue, Willowtree, Snowdrop, go now!" Ordered Ama sharply, waved her arm at the sky.

"Mom, Dad, no!" Said Peter.

At once, the angels flew into the sky, the centaurs and the humans ran into the forest.

"Mommy!!" Shouted Judy as she watched her sisters and mother disappear into the sky.

The shield was gone. The children stood frozen with a combination of shock, bewildered and joy. They knew they promised Sirus to control the pain but it was impossible. It was too much for them.

Judy knees buckled. She couldn't believe that her mother and sisters were alive and now angels.

"I can't believe my mother's here. I finally... saw her." Peter mumbled.

"After all these years, I finally saw them again." Said Monica, letting fall on the grass.

Judy didn't avert her eyes from the night sky. Her memories suddenly returned. The giant wave, Anna's body in her arms, the storm, her family's cries. She suddenly felt lightheaded, her body was light as a feather and her vision was blurry.

"Judy." Said Peter, quickly seizing her body, carefully laying her on the grass. Alexandra and Ama quickly rushed towards her.

"It's all right. She just fainted." Said Alexandra, traveling her fingers in Judy's hair.

Sirus came and lifted her off the ground.

"Let us go. It's been a very hard and long day." Sirus said.

"Very well. Come, Nicholas." Alexandra said, looking over her shoulder. "Nicholas? Nicholas?"

He was nowhere in sight. He just vanished. Everyone was calling him but there was no answer.

"Where did he go?" Asked Peter.

"Don't worry. He probably went back to the treehouse on his own." Replied Ama with a reassure smile.

And she was right, as soon as they arrived at the treehouse, they found Nicholas sleeping in his hammock.

Sirus laid Judy gently in her bed and tucked her in.

It was a very tiring day, and everyone went to bed at once. But not everyone was asleep. Nicholas was awake and very still. His memories were flashing in his mind, replaying over and over again. He could hear and see his family threatening him out of his own house.