Epilogue

Today was a very exciting day for me and my career. I'm set to interview one of the most eligible bachelor in the country. Heck, not even the country, the entire continent.

The son of a mogul, a man who created an empire of Jet liners. The family own most commercial shares in the world and they're ranked one the top ten most powerful families.

The Long Empire. They belonged to the most powerful of powerful.

I arrived at the Long building located at the center of the busiest city in the county. I entered the modern facility to access the elevator taking me upstairs when the automatic door opened. I was surprised to see someone else already occupied it. A handsome man leaned on the corner. He was tall and captivating as a fairy tale prince. The contours of his imaculate built teased beneath the trim of the expensive signature suit he wore.

I stepped in while he smiled a casual smile that instantly struck me breathless. "What floor?"

"25th floor." I stammered, hating myself for being such a nerd.

"25th?" He said again as to make sure he heard it right.

"Yes, 25th. I'm set to interview someone there."

His handsome smile pulled wider. "Ah, I see, good luck on your interview."

"Thank you."

The conversation fell short as the nameless man pressed his elegant finger the button to the 25th floor, while I settled to the other side of the elevator. It was a long three minutes of uncomfortable silence when he broke this stale muteness.

I flinched at the sound of his sudden voice. "I would conversate but I didn't want to scare you."

"Oh, that's alright, you are under no obligation to entertain me."

"No, seriously...Miss....?"

I knew he was fishing for my name so I gave it to him.

"Jasmine."

"Like Princess Jasmine?"

"No, just Jasmine like the flower. No princess."

"Why you don't like the idea of being a princess?"

"I'm too old for fairy tales." I told him, but there's also that inept unlikelihood I have for princesses. I do not like the idea of prince or princesses. It seemed too fantastical to me.

"Ah, I see."

The elevator stopped as we made it to the 25th floor. I would had expected him to exit on another floor but his hand gestured politely as to let me walk out first.

"Same destination?" I asked.

He nodded.

Something caught me strange because I knew the entire floor was a private office to the third son of the mogul empire. Though I kept my thought to myself and said nothing else as I walked out of the elevator and straight to the lady at the reception table.

"Hello, I'm scheduled to interview Mr. Jun Long."

The lady with fat cheeks, short hair and the most daring shade of red lipstick browsed through her computer.

"Li Jasmine?" She asked as she lifted her eyes to me.

"Yes."

"Last time I checked, Mr. Long left his office, I don't know whether he's back yet, but let me check for you."

The receptionist idly pick up the phone as to check on her boss. Her face brightened when someone picked up. "Yes, Mr. Long. Your ten o'clock is here."

I heard some murmuring on the other side of her phone before she hung up. She brought her attention back to me next. "Well, miss Jasmine. My boss will see you now.

She smiled and motioned for me to go ahead.

I did, walking up to the door when it opened before I could even knock on it.

"Well, if it isn't princess Jasmine. It's nice to see you again." A wide smile flashed on his face turning my cheeks hot with violent shade of scarlet.

My mouth dropped, I had not expected him to be the son of a powerful mogul.

"Don't be scared, it's just me, Jun. The least scary of all the Long brothers."

I smiled and tried to laugh at his joke.

"Come in and sit down." He invited. "I believe, I belong to you in the next hour."

Nope, you belong to me for the rest of your life.

I expected Mr. Long to be a well mannered man but he turned out to be very flirty.

Mr. Long walked back to his chair behind his large desk as he caught my eyes surveying his elegant office.

My eyes naturally landed on the pictures on his wall. I recognized the old man with his arms around the three healthy boys. He's the owner of series of major air lines that fell under Long Ltd. His ancestor built and nourished the Long empire well before him and I imagined the kids tucked under his arms are the infamous Long brothers when they were children.

I could tell immediately his father has that playful nature in him.

My eyes wandered to the oldest brother next. He has a distinctive fierceness in him that bled even in his picture. I believed his name is John and he is the CEO of the company. He made an unrivalled reputation to be ruthless in the field. He's one of the fiercest in the entire world.

My eyes lingered on the next picture. I don't think I'm familiar with the second brother, I've never seen a picture of him until now. He wore glasses with kind and gentle eyes behind them. His expression natural and his smile was inviting. He looked like one of those frail people who spent much of his time sick in bed growing up. There was something so strange about him that made me feel at ease.

"Ah, you like him?" Mr. Long Interrupted. I tasted a hint of jealousy on the undercurrent of his voice. "That's my older brother Lui, he's the brain of the company."

"How come I never see pictures of him?"

"Probably because he spends most of his time in the background. He tend to be sick all the time. Lui works at home."

"Is that so?" I whispered, my stare lingered a little too long on the illusive brother. "I would like a chance to interview him as well."

Mr. Long shook his head and grinned. "No offense, miss Jasmine. But not if I can help it."

*****
Here is the continuation of this epilogue. Modern reincarnation of these characters.
*****