Chapter 28

Blue watched the kids with content. They worked together to cook and now to clean up. It was pretty sweet. She glanced at Magenta for a moment who was talking Currant. Something about him just makes her feel glad. She doesn't know what.

 Then it hit her. She remembers being engaged but why can't she remember him? She thought hard but all she could remember was that smirk.

" Hey. Can I talk to you for a sec?" She asked Magenta.

" Uh, sure." He seemed nervous for some reason. He followed her a bit far from everyone for the privacy. Yaoyorozu squealed with the other girls as they left.

" Should we follow them?" Mina asked.

" Ooh, I'll lead the way!" Tooru scouted ahead and the others followed on her signal. " Shh. Look!"

" What did you wanna talk about?" He asked as he fumbled the gift behind his back.

" I feel like...I know you." Her face was serious but unsure. " Sorry if this sounds weird but it's like- like-"

" Like finding something you know but at the same time you don't know." Blue froze, he knew her favorite choice of words. Her phrase. He closed his eyes and let out a deep sigh. " Maybe this will jog your memory."

His pupil turned white and the mystical patterns appeared. He positioned the dragonflies exactly how he remembered them.

"...f...." Blue froze, she remembers this scene. She remembers that smirk, she can see it all. He's reenacting their engagement day. " I said-" This would mean he's her-

" Fiancé...." The stared at each other for a brief moment. Taking in each others forgotten features. Blue took his hand and opened it to see the ring she treasured all her life. " Say it."

" What? "

" SAY IT AGAIN YOU IDIOT." Both hesitated to redo this. But Magenta did as he was asked and asked for hand. She took a sharp breath as he slid the ring onto her finger. "..Get up.."

For a moment he was confused. Why was she so upset? She slapped him hard across the face. Amidst his confusion and surprise she grabbed his coat and locked lips. Very faint sounds of mosquitoes were heard. 

" What took you so long?" Magenta chuckled and kissed her again.

" I don't know. But for all I know, you're my bride." Blue gave a small delicate chuckle. She gave him a quick peck on the cheek and pulled away.

" That's all your getting unless you figure this out." She smirked and turned.

" Aww, how sweet." Mina cupped her own cheeks as the girls sighed and squealed over the scene.

" What are you kids doing doing?" Vermilion asked loudly.

" Vemi! Where have been?" Cream skipped over to her sister. The couple felt very awkward and blushed immediately.

" Oh~. Blue I didn't know that you and Magenta were a thing." Cream teased.

" Dude, I- seriously?" Vermilion gave a coy smile. Magenta stammered and turned to Blue for advice. Unfortunately she was red and speachless.

" Let's break."

" What?"

" Break 'vessels'. " And so they did.

Back at the camp, Emi was washing the dishes when her eyes suddenly switched to cyan then pink and back to grey. The event surprised her and puzzled her. Her only response was :

" What the f-"