Knives and dreams

Tebiki was used to coming home late. He's usually the one staying up to interrogate villains by dreamscaping. Today was a long day. Emi already got her license and the colors are back to being people. Thank goodness for all that. His relationship with her is still a little shaky but it's improving to say the least. His phone rang and surprisingly, Emi herself was calling.

" Hey, Emi." He began feeling a touch giddy that he's the one being called.

" Tebiki, where are you right now?" She asked sleepily.

" Aren't you supposed to be in bed by now?"

" Shush. Dash had a long patrol. I just got back so I'm wondering if you could maybe get me something when you visit tomorrow."

" Anything." He replied smiling wide, his sister sounded so cute when she's sleepy. " Within reason." He quickly added. He stopped for a moment and looked back. Nothing. He swore someone was there.

" Tebiki? Are you still there?" Emi broke his thoughts and he brushed it off.

" Yeah, I'm here."

" Good. Listen, your baby sister wants something sweet. I'm craving them also bring lots to share with my class."

" I hear you. Okay, tomorrow I'll get you some cream puffs. How about it?"

" Sounds good to me."

" I'm glad to hear that-" He barely dodged the knife as it sliced the air. The figure took cover in the shadows as she fought. Wielding two knives at once, driving the tired cop into an alley. " Hey!" He said in between movements as the phone was knocked out of his hand.

" Tebiki?" Emi called over the phone. He got careless and cried out as the knife drove into his shoulder. The figure lunged with the second knife, piercing his hand as he raised it to defend himself. " Brother?!" He fell down hard on his back. His right hand gripped the attacker's wrist, whose hand had not let go of the knife.

" Fucking hell!" He cursed as the other hand was pinned down.

" Tebiki, where are you? I'm coming!" The line ended as a tail crushed it. " Tebiki, Tebiki!" Rushing out of her room, she ran to the door. Aizawa caught her with a single hand.

" It's past the hours, where do you think you're going."

" Dad, it's Tebiki. I have to go." She struggled, black tears threatened to fall.

" Hey, calm down." He placed a paternal hand on her shoulder and lowered his body to reach her eye level. " Tell me what's going on."

" Get the hell off me. " He snarled against the pressure closing in on his throat.

" Shut up. Shut up!" The attacker cursed. Adding more force as her tail wrapped around his neck tightly. " Just shut up and die already. It'll be over soon. I just gotta do this and I'll have the money to pay him off. I just need that money." She muttered furiously, almost to herself.

His body twitched and struggled to get her off. Noticing his struggle, she resorted to a move that was completely unexpected. Her tail split in two and moved to his abdomen. He froze as it brushed his side. Seeing him freeze, the tail slipped beneath his shirt.

" The fuck are you doing?" The pressure on his neck loosened. Air was circulating properly for a bit before they were cut off again. She forced him into a kiss, not letting up even for a breath. " Get off!" He screamed in between the kisses. She leaned down on him, getting between his legs.

" I got it." She dangled the wallet over his face with tail. " That's one thing down. Now make it all go away for me...Make me lose my fears..." His free hand struck out and grabbed her hair, forcefully pulling her away from him.

" I said get the fuck off of me!" She screamed as he pulled harder and pulled up the knife from his shoulder, raising it high. Immediately, she was lifted off the air, wrapped in several white binds. Tebiki coughed and gasped as he could finally breath.

" No, I need the money!" Aizawa silenced her with a glare and checked on the cop. " You alright?"

" I'm bleeding damn it."

" I'm not blind. I'm wondering if anything vital has been damaged. Emi would never forgive me if you were."

" Still playing father figure," He mumbled as he leaned against the wall.

" Still playing a shitty brother. I've called the ambulance so they'll be here soon. Unfortunately, your phone's trashed." Tebiki cursed and hoped he still had that warranty.