Chapter 54

" Emi, didn't expect to be on the same internship with you." Sakura said cheerfully. It's been a couple weeks since her colours left and now the internship had begun with partnerships with two shiketsu students. " Ooh, I love your hairclip. OMG, you cut your hair? Guess everyone loves new looks. Love it by the way."

" Thanks. Thought I'd try a new look and before you ask, it's just me now." She replied looking through her phone.

" The short ponytail looks good on you. Oh, so sorry to hear that. Are you okay?" Emi nodded and gave her a gentle smile. She showed her a picture on her phone and Sakura squeeled. " Woah, they're married already?"

" Yeah, they didn't waste time with it either." She said remembering the brief and small wedding.

" Kurosawa, come look at these cute pics." He shook his head softly and insisted that they go on without him as they kept talking while patroling the streets.

" Something wrong, Wolf?" The mentor hero asked him. " You've been awfully quiet for your first day." There was no answer." Is it about Haku?" Hasu shrugged uncomfortabley.

" It's nothing." He insisted. " It's just that, we were supposed to be best friends but I messed up and I know she already forgave me but it's just, it's awkward..."

" So...you're guilty and jealous.." He concluded.

" Wha- No, I'm not." He tried to hide his blushes. " I just want her to be happy...as friends do.."

" She seems pretty happy." A brilliant thought struck his mind. " Hey, Haku! Where'd you get that hairpin? It suites you."

" Oh, well." She started to blush slightly. " Tenya- I mean, someone really close gave this to me when I was discharged two weeks ago from the hospital." Hasu froze.

" Really? Let me guess, it's your boyfriend, isn't it?" Emi turned redder and Hasu prayed he was hallucinating. " Uh oh, someone's turning red..." She teased. " Congrats~"

" Sakura." She said trying to maintain her slightly motionless tone. " I mean we just started..." At that point Hasu was dead. His mind blank, he hears and sees nothing. He felt something burning inside. Sakura was over the moon and insisted on paying for their first date. " H-Hey, we don't need it and we haven't really planned one yet.." She paused as Hasu grabbed her wrist.

" You're...just messing around right? The colours gave you that hairpin, right?" He fought to control his voice. Sakura placed a hand over her mouth as she gasped. Here comes the drama.

" Hasu." She began in a firm tone. " Let me go. If I do have a boyfriend, what would that matter to you? You're not my friend. You haven't even apologised properly for what you did." She pulled away and took a few steps. " Yet, I chose to forgive you even though you almost killed me." The rest of the day was filled with silence and awkwardness. Even though their mentor tried to lighten the mood.

" Uh..." He was running out of ideas. " Hey, look guys. Street performers." Sakura said pointing to a group of people having what looks like a dance off. " Man, this is my jam!" She said joining the crowd.

" Hey it's Dash." They said pointing to the mentor. " The fast moving hero. Care to show us some moves?"

" Who me? Nah, I suck at dancing.." Taking the opportunity he gave Hasu a gentle nudge forward. " Wolf, Beats (Sakura's hero name) said that you can dance. Give it a try." He hesitated for a bit but stepped up to the challenge. He moved fluidly to beat, capturing the crowd with his b-boy skills. Even though he was a bit rusty, he still did well and for a moment he felt pretty good, he smiled even. Dash smiled, this was what he needed,now how to get Haku from being tense. She'd been silently judging him from the start and it's pretty concerning.

" I don't think anyone can beat that!" One guy said, an obvious lie but no one wanted to be rude.

" Dash, hold my mask." Emi handed him her mask and stepped forward, facing Hasu who seemed awfully surprised. " Sakura, hit me." She said stretching and even giving a challenging smile.

" Aw, yeah. Dance Battle!" Sakura said as she got ready to activate. " Combatants, are you ready?"

" Wait-" Before Hasu could protest a song was already played and Emi crushed it. Warming up a bit with simple steps before completely turning up the level.

" I taught her how to c-walk." Mari said appearing out of nowhere, making Hasu jump. " Sweet, right?"

" Y-Yeah..." Emi finshed and gave him a challenging look. He felt a smile grow on him. " Ohoho, fine." He took the floor, cathing up to the skill set Emi displayed.

" Yo, Sakura." Carter greeted her with Ryouka. " Woah, she's using the moves I showed her. Blue wasn't the only teacher.

" Cool."

" Eh? Wah, Go Emi!" Ryouka cheered. " Crush him with your swag. Use some of that confidence I taught you!"

" Wait, so you all taught her how to dance?" Sakura asked in disbelief. The three of them gave prideful smiles in return. " That is sick."