Chapter 4

….

Louis and I walk over to the dance floor and start awkwardly dancing to the electronica music. I’m glad that I’m not the only one of us who can’t dance. The songs change a couple of times, the genre switching between alternative and electronica. We sway to the beat and after a while we start to get comfortable with each other. He's making me laugh super hard because he’s gone into what I like to call “last resort dance moves”; those being: the shopping cart, the robot, stirring the pot, stop the traffic let em’ through, and my favorite, the running man. He managed to pull off all of the dance moves. I don’t know how, he seemed a bit clumsy when first started dancing. Maybe he’s only good at being a goofball.

The music begins to fade out and we hear the DJ say, "We're going to slow it down for a little bit so I can take a break. Here’s a song off One Direction's new album, 'Midnight Memories'." Louis looks a little caught off guard. "Oh and last call will be in about fifteen minutes, so, go get your drinks before then. Anyways, this is 'You & I'," the DJ adds before walking off and leaving the booth unattended.

I figured it out, 

I figured it out from black and white

Seconds and hours

Maybe they had to take some time

I've never heard this song before, it's beautiful. I begin to get lost in lyrics.

I know how it goes,

I know how it goes from wrong and right

Silence and sound

Did they ever hold each other tight

Like us?

Did they ever fight

Like us?

I'm listening to the song, enjoying the sound. I close my eyes and start to picture what them singing this live might be like. It's a little difficult to do considering the fact that I don't know who's singing when, but it doesn't really matter. For some reason I picture it in black and white. The guys are in different places. It’s spring. The weather is nice. One of them is walking down an abandoned street. One of them is driving down a winding road. One of them is sitting in an empty park. One of them is at home looking through pictures. And one of them is an emergency room, waiting. They’re all singing the same song and somehow they all end up in the same place, a pier. I can hear them morph how they feel into their song. It's.. soothing and I get lost in it all.

You and I

We don't want to be like them

We can make it 'til the end

Nothing can come between

You and I

Not even the gods above

Can separate the two of us

No, nothing can come between

You and I

Oh, you and I

After hearing the chorus I bring myself back into reality. I can’t believe they made that. That’s not something you hear from a boyband. It’s more like something you hear from John Mayer, Ron Pope, Michael Bublé, or Ed Sheeran but not these guys. Wow, this is what I’ve been missing.

I didn't even realize that I had stopped my awkward swaying, or that I was really close to Louis. He's looking at me with a smile on his face. I listen to a bit more of the song before finally saying what I'm thinking. "So, that's you guys? I thought you we're one of those sugar-coated-glitter-and-pop-boybands. I was way off. That song was beautiful."