Chapter 12

Cassie’s POV

“Hi,” Christian says.

What the fuck is he doing here and where’s Tiffany? They’re not supposed to be back until Friday night.

“What are you doing here?” I ask, harshly.

“I.. I miss you, Cass.”

“You miss me… You ditched your sister and came back here, unannounced, just to tell me you miss me?”

“Well no, not just for that, but for this as well,” he says, pulling me in for a kiss. I quickly leave his grip and step back.

He looks confused. “Did I do something wrong?”

“Yes. You can’t just waltz back here and kiss me after all this time, okay. Gosh, Christian, I’m not someone you can just play with!” I say, loud enough to bring Harry, Louis, and Ed rushing toward me. They are standing behind me now.

“Cassie what the fuck is going on? Who are these guys?” Christian asks, anger present in his tone.

“Who are you?” Louis challenges Christian.

“I’m her boyfriend.” Christian retorts.

“Boyfriend?” Harry, Louis, and Ed ask simultaneously.

“He’s not my boyfriend.”

“Then what am I?” Christian spits.

“Pathetic.”

“I’m the pathetic one?” Christian asks sarcastically. “Me?”

“Yeah. You’re are.”

“If you say so.” he says smugly. “Then again, what do I know? My sister tells me everything, you know that. I know all about Friday, when you were too distracted thinking about me to work. She didn’t fail to mention a thing about that and she never does.”

“Fuck you.”

“You already did, quite a few times if I remember correctly,” Christian says, winking.

This is humiliating. I can’t even think of anything else to say to him. He’s never been like this before.

“I think it’s time for you to go.” Louis says, stepping forward, Harry doing the same.

Christian is unpredictable, I don’t know what he’ll do. I’ve never seen him hit anyone before but there’s a first time for everything; he’s definitely showing that right now.

Christian just laughs. “Yeah, okay. You guys have fun her, she’s easy,” he says to the guys before turning to walk away.

He doesn’t make it very far before turning back around. “Cassie, I’ll be back. These guys won’t be here forever.”

After that, he disappears. I shut the door and slide down it until I reach the ground.

What was that? Why would he say all the those things? I’m not like that, not anymore. I put that time behind me. I don’t sleep around anymore. I stopped doing that years ago; freshman and sophomore year weren’t the best.

There are a bunch of things that I wish I wouldn’t have done back then. I probably wouldn’t have stopped if I hadn’t met Tiffany; she talked some sense into me and I never went back to sleeping around or drinking. Not even after I met her brother and remembered that I had slept with him before, twice.

“Cassie,” Louis says whilst kneeling down to meet my eyes. He sits down in front of me and starts again, “Cassie, what was that?”

“I don’t know,” I say, tears forming once again. I’ve cried more times today than I ever have before.