Chapter 6

Sound swirled around my head and static filled my ears as I shot up, my eyes wide open and my senses heightened. My head was pounding and I found myself in a large amount of pain, my hands shook as I clutched my head, whimpering softly.

A monster . . . He had called me a monster . . .

I didn't remember much from my meeting with Dolus. My memory was fuzzy, scenes of a beating and conversation shot through my head like bullets; I looked down at my lap and lost myself in the swarming static. Like a storm.

Suddenly, I snapped myself out of it. My head shot around the room as I found I was in an unknown setting, panic welled in my stomach. The static got worse and I hit the ground with my fist, crying out on the impact.

Gasping for air, I frantically looked around the room, looking for some clue to show me where I was. The room was small, cell-like, in front of me was a door with bars built within. The walls were painted an off mahogany, chipping to reveal the original white wall. There was a small mat next to me on the dusty, stone floor; on it was a small bowl of water and a cloth. Rays of sunlight shot into the room, lighting up the dust in the air. 

I sat on a woven mat with only a very thin, beat up blanket. I went to move my legs so I could stand, only to find that there were long, thick chains connecting my ankles to the wall to my left. They dug into my skin as I shifted. Wincing, I closed my eyes and breathed.

Something flew past me.

My eyes snapped open, find yet another glowing butterfly. I held out my hand and it set perch on my finger. I looked closer, inspecting it. What are these things?

"I see you're awake! I'm glad I was in the area." A familiar voice spoke softly. I jumped, it was him.

My eyes went wide as they made contact with his vibrant green eyes, "How are you feeling, miss (Y/n)?" Yunan smiled, "I see that circumstances are no different that the last time we met."

Letting out an awkward laugh, I smiled, "Well, my situation is out of my control." I rubbed the nape of my neck as I shook my head, "I could be better." My smile faded as memories of our last meeting ran through my mind; I tilted my head to the side, "Why are you here, Yunan? I assume that this is a guarded area . . . "

He laughed softly, "I am aware, but I came to ask you something."

"What is it?" I asked, wincing as I moved my body to sit in a better position. White hot pain shot through my arm as I did so. I bit my tongue. He balanced his staff on the wall beside him and sat down in front of the barred door, "Your arm's broken?" I nodded, he held up his hand, a small glowing light wrapped itself around the broken arm, healing it. Thanking him, he continued, "Do you know what you are?"

"Do I . . . know what I am?" I asked, confused.

"Yes." 

"I'm sorry, I don't understand."

He sighed, "I think it's time for you find out the truth."

The truth?

I nodded.

"(C/n) is far to the west of Leam;" He began, "And though it's people have been taken away, among the land still stands the great temple of Tiras. Your main deity, correct?" I nodded my head to confirm his question, Yunan smiled and continued, "The markings on your face are enough proof of your people's amazing gift. They have been given the power and speed to control light and heat."

"Why exactly are you telling me this?" I asked. He laughed softly.

"It is your fate to know so." He replied bluntly, "And you find out why soon enough."

Shouts broke out in the hallway and footsteps were clattered closer to where Yunan and I sat. My head shot to the side, looking in the direction of the guards, "What do you mean?" I asked in a panic as I frantically returned my gaze to where Yunan had been sitting, but he was gone.

A few white butterflies flew around me in a small gust of wind. I rubbed my eyes and watched as the guards ran loudly past my cell. The sound of my heart beating flooded my ears.

Where am I?

The feeling of panic returned for a moment as I looked around the room before laying back down onto the mat under me. Breathing deeply, I thought about what Yunan had said and slowly fell out of consciousness.

"You will find out soon enough."

I woke with a start to the sound of someone banging on the bars of the metal door, "Oi! Get up!" Spoke a man. Blinking, my vision cleared and I scurried to my feet, the pain of the chains on my feet shooting through my legs, "Yes, Sir." I stuttered.

He began to unlock the door as he grumbled quietly under his breath. As the lock clicked, he opened up the cell and strolled in - closing the barred door behind him, "Lets get these chains off of you, your on deck to fight." His thick accent made it hard to understand what he was saying, "Hold out your feet." I did what he ordered and he unlocked the thick chains on my ankles. Taking them off my feet, I winced in pain at the sudden lack of weight. He continued to unhook them from the wall, a sharp cough erupting from his throat.

The man stood, holding the chains in one of his hands, "Follow me, the armory is down the hall." He waved his hand and I followed him down the hall. Guards lined the hallway, standing in front of most cells and other doors. We turned into a room of the left side of the hallway, and I pieced everything together.

I was in the Colosseum.

'What am I doing here?'

-

'I hope (Y/n) is doing alright . . .'