Chapter 8

Cheering and screaming echoed and resonated in even the loudest of places for miles. The world seemed to spin around me, the ground swaying under my feet. How light I felt! It was an emotion I hadn't felt in so long. Something I could not explain.

The small group of Fanaris on the balcony stood by the side of a small personage with very long, blonde hair that shined in the light. The small butterflies flew around her; just like Yunan. I shook my head, feeling a sigh of relief escape my lungs. I felt a blood rush to my hands as my head began to feel faint. Everyone's eyes remained locked on my person as I began to make my way out of the arena. But as soon as I made it to the exit, the sharp, burning pain in my side and a wave of exhaustion wash over me. My eyes wandered over to the guard running in my direction as the world began to spin violently.

Everything went black.

My eyes fluttered open as the heavy feeling in my chest created a suffocating atmosphere around me. I no longer felt the burning pain and a numb, content aura scorched my thoughts. All around me, there was darkness. All around me there was a binding feeling that touched every part of my soul.

Light blasted into the room, I reached to cover my eyes but found I could not do so.

Looking down, I noticed blood. It was splattered on the floor, covered my hands and arms, and dripped down the woven mat on the wall. Voices and cries could be heard screaming as I realized where I was. I was suddenly outside, watching the slaughter of my family and friends. I watched as the small (C/p) girl, an ancient image of who I once was was attacked and tossed unconscious into a barred cart. My parents chained and beat until they could no longer stand on their own, tears began to well in my eyes as I watched them drag their feet with the others into the cart where my little self laid.

They knew not of what was to come. I turned my head away, tears pouring down my face.

The screams of my fallen (C/p) filled my ears, my heart pounded in my ears and I raised my hands to block out the pain. Voices filled my head further,

'This is your fault.' 'Why do you get to live?!' They cried, 'You should have died with the rest of us.'

'Die!'

'JUST DIE!' Feeling like I was going to rip off my ears from holding my head, I screamed, blood pouring from my eyes. Waves of sorrow washed over my body as it was rocked by intense sobbing. Even though my eyes remained closed, I could clearly envision the blood burning itself into my palms. It was their blood, the blood of my family, the blood of my friends.

Why did I get to live?

Why?!

I opened my eyes to see the blurred, distorted faces of my dead family around me. They swayed circling me as they yelled and cried in pain, their voices began to fade away. Suddenly it was silent, but the ringing in my ears was becoming the only sound to be heard.

I found myself standing as the persona of my last master appeared in front of me. His blade drawn as he charged at me. Frozen in place, the blade ran through my abdomen, blood becoming the prominent colour of my vision. Again, all I could see was the blood on my hands and the silent cries of silenced people. I was suddenly back in my chains, trapped once again. My ankles and wrists heavily weighed down; I could not stand. Sobs overtook my broken body.

Was this my fate? To be trapped for the rest of my days?

As the darkness closed in, a bright figure appeared before me. His long white hair with dark highlights, golden decoration, and eight-pointed star calming the panic inside my mind. His lips curled into a kind smile, like one of a god, and I began feeling a warm numbness.

"Be at peace, (Y/n)." He said, my breath hitched as he placed two fingers on my forehead, his being bursting into the small, golden butterflies.

My eyes fluttered open and lightheadedness took me over. Long white hair, golden decoration. I had known who that was. But how could that be? Art covered the temples, homes, and tombs of the (C/n) people. He was only a figure of worship.

What the hell?!

-

'You have some form of power, (Y/n). But what is it?'