Chapter 3: Awakening

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN NARUTO OR ITS CHARACTERS

Chapter 3 : Beginning of a Legend

In every shinobi village there is a reminder of their previous leaders and heroes to honor their memory and sacrifice they did to protect and defend their homes. In Konoha there is a certain mountain that shows that shows exactly that.

The mountain was actually called the Hokage (Leader of the Leaf Village) Mountain and in it were carved the previous and current Hokages of the leaf and there it stood the faces of the legendary shinobi:

Senju Hashirama (Shodaime Hokage),leader of the senju clan, one of the founders of the leaf village and the first user of the mokuton element. He was a caring and kind person dedicated to serve his village however he ended up dying during the first shinobi war. His fight against Uchiha Madara had taken its toll and left him permanently weakened. He was at the time of his death a shell of his former self. But even now about 80 years after his death he's still remembered by everyone in the village.

The second face belonged to Senju Tobirama (Nidaime Hokage), he was Hashirama younger brother and became hokage after his brother's death. He too was a very strong shinobi, in fact each of the hokage was hailed as the strongest shinobi of their time. Tobirama was known for his extremely high water affinity that allowed him to use high rank moves in places without water by condensing the air around him. He too lost his life fighting in the second shinobi war, but before his death he appointed Hiruzen Sarutobi, one of his students as Sandaime Hokage.

The third face on the monument was Sarutobi Hiruzen, of the Sarutobi Clan, known for their monkey summoning and extreme skill in taijutsu (hand-to-hand combat). Hiruzen is currently around 55 years old, he's one of the most powerful shinobi in the village, but in his prime he was hailed as Shinobi no Kami (God of the Shinobi), mostly because of his skill in ninjutsu that allowed him to combine different elements to his attacks. Hiruzen is the current leader of the leaf village after his successor the yondaime hokage died.

The last face of the monument was Minato Namikaze, the yondaime hokage, hailed as the strongest of the Hokages. He was also the fastest shinobi to ever live in the elemental nations, not even the raikages with Lighting Armor could compete with him in speed. He was known for his use of the Hirashin no Jutsu (Flying Thunder God Technique), a S-Rank technique of his creation that allowed him to move at almost the speed of light. This technique was the reason that he was known as Yellow Flash, due to his blonde hair, the only thing that people managed to see was a Yellow Flash due to his speed. In the leaf village he was a hero that sacrificed his life to kill the Kyuubi no Yoko that attacked the village 5 years ago.

And here, 5 years later after the kyuubi attack, is where our story truly begins with a small boy that despite being mistreated his whole life will rise to become the legend he was born to be.

## KONOHA - 5 Years after Kyuubi Attack October 10th ##

It was a warm night in the leaf village, the sun was just going down, it was starting to dim. A town lights were coming up and we still could see many people going around the village doing their business. Unlike many other villages, even though Konoha was the most powerful village in the elemental nations it didn't seem militaristic or cold. Many people if they saw Konoha would say that it wasn't a shinobi village, however the mountain that surrounded the north part of village was a dead giveaway. In it were carved the faces of the most powerful shinobi to ever live.

It was October 10th, the village was covered in decorations and celebrating the defeat to the Kyuubi that attacked 5 years ago. Everyone in the village was happy, it were times of peace. The wars were long forgotten, but not the hate and pain of many that were lost. Although everyone seemed happy one particular kid was very sad and lonely.