chapter 12/ Mission to Wave

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN NARUTO OR ITS CHARACTERS

Chapter 12 – Mission to the Wave

The past few days flew by with Kurenai's team. They would train in the morning and do a couple of …missions in the afternoon. Obviously Naruto always complained since Naruto wanted to test his skills in the real world but Hinata was always present to bonk him in the head. Who would have thought that of the little shy Hinata.

Kurenai was very surprise with the skill level that Naruto and Hinata displayed. If she had to judge than the Kyuubi nailed it by saying they had Jonin level skills. Their team was in fact comprised by one jonin-sensei, two green jonins and a poor gennin lost in the middle. Naruto, Hinata and Kurenai would never leave Shino behind so they began focusing more on him so he could be brought up to speed.

Naruto with the help of Kurenai started on Kage level exercises for his chakra control. He had two exercises that he needed to do to bring his control to the highest level possible. The first was waterfall climbing, this exercise allowed, when mastered, the user to control vast amounts of chakra with great precision, since climbing a waterfall is extremely hard. The last exercise allowed one to have perfect chakra control almost rivaling Tsunade the Slug Sannin.

This particular exercise was rather practical to perform. The user deposited a chunk of sand with multiple colors in his hand. The point of the exercise was to separate and align the sand by color using only chakra. It was considered mastered when the user managed this in less than 10 seconds.

Hinata didn't have any weakness per say, she had overall good skills whether it be in Taijutsu, Ninjutsu, genjutsu or even kenjutsu. Her chakra control was flawless since it was a basic requirement for her juuken (Gentle Fist) or her own version the Flowing Fist.

Shino however was another different level. His Taijutsu was low-gennin level since he was a long-range fighter, their typical weakness. His Ninjutsu was the three basic academy Jutsus coupled with his clan's. His genjutsu was nonexistent. Overall he was about mid-gennin in skill. However they would change that, Naruto placed a few restriction seals on him since it was too abrupt if he started using gravity seals.

They decided to start his elemental training since everyone on his team already had theirs mastered. Surprisingly he had Earth and Water, both defensive elements. His team was the perfect storm off offense and defense. In fact his natures served him well above anyone else. As a long range fighter normally his weakness would be close combat which was solved by his training and affinities.

Along with all this training they also did teamwork exercises. One of the things that made Konoha as the strongest in the elemental nations was their notion of teamwork and loyalty above all else. Their teamwork was excellent, neither of them had any problems with each other.

Currently we find Team 8 or Team Kurenai heading towards the hokage's office after a morning of training. I should clarify the last statement, it was training for Naruto, Hinata and Kurenai but for Shino one would call it torture. The poor gennin was driven to the ground in order to gain the physical attributes he needed.

## Hokage's Mission Assignment Room ##

The old hokage was sitting in the middle of the table smoking on his pipe while handing missions to the shinobi. To his left side was Iruka, the school teacher of the students of team 8. The hokage was deep in thought remembering his prime, the thrill of the fights and the adrenaline pumping through his system.

Not many shinobi have the privilege of growing old. The shinobi's life expectancy was actually around 30 years, and reaching old age was very rare. However any shinobi that reached such age began to reminisce all they did in their life. Shinobi since birth are trained to fight and fight they do. It is all they know throughout their lives. There is no greater death then death at the hands of your enemy in the mist of battle. However being taken by old age it isn't something any warrior would want.