Chapter 67/ Legacy of Uchiha Madara

############################################################

Legacy Part 2

A New Era Arc

Chapter 68 - The Legacy of Uchiha Madara

############################################################

It had been a battle to remember.

Where once stood the well-known rain village, there was now nothing more than a simple lake, hiding beneath nothing but a crater and chunks of destroyed buildings. Remains of metallic pipes and other surviving debris now rested on the bottom of the crater, completely filled with water. To any foreign people wondering the country, it would seem nothing ever existed in the land.

A few days had passed and the aftermath was what many had hoped. Madara had been defeated in a not so easy battle, and Naruto was presently recovering in one of the many tents deployed around the village.

Once the battle had ended it was decided unanimously that they should camp a few days in the rain country before moving out. This would give time for the shinobi to rest after the harsh war, heal any wounded shinobi and the time to pack everything up, including cleaning the zetsu corpses.

Naruto had slept for three straight days and allowed his body to slowly recover and his chakra to replenish. Hinata had been adamant to never leave his side while he was in his weakened state. Despite several people assuring her that no one would disturb him. And with Naruto asleep there really was no one who could force her against her will really.

Kakashi and Minato were walking towards the tent were both Naruto and Hinata have been staying. "Do you think you could ask Hinata to ease up on the rain?" Kakashi asked, looking at the dark sky and the pouring amount of water that followed.

"Not likely" Minato replied with a laugh. Thinking back when Hinata had been controlled by Madara, there was no small amount of panic when they realized what had happened. The general consensus was for the main brawlers to go help Naruto until Tobirama had pounded some sense into them.

"GURH!" Minato was broken from his thoughts when he heard a retching sound. "What is this you are forcing me to eat?" Naruto's unmistakable voice came from inside.

"Eat you big baby" Hinata sounded somewhat exasperated. Minato smiled at Kakashi's snicker as both approached the tent.

"Are you sure I can't have ramen? I'm sure dad could flash to Konoha" Naruto pouted. Hinata's glare shut him up for good and he returned to eating his dinner. His meal consisted of some brown paste with something that resembled chunks of meat. The sight was not appetizing and the smell ever less.

"You two seem to be having fun" Naruto looked up to see Minato and Kakashi pushing the tent flap aside and coming in.

"Yummy" Kakashi joked but was quickly silenced by Hinata's glare.

"As to what you are eating" Hinata huffed "It's a single-cell protein combined with synthetic amino acids, vitamins, minerals and fast acting digestive agents. It has everything the body needs" Hinata finished but all she received was blank looks.

"Of course it has" Naruto muttered as he continued to eat his nutritive 'soup'.

"You know? I know you want to be cool as me but you can't pull of the white hair" Kakashi said with an eye smile, earning a chuckle from the audience.

A brief silence followed his words and the only sound was Naruto's spoon running over the metallic cup. Naruto finished his meal. "Can I get a moment with alone with my dad?" Naruto rhetorically asked. Kakashi nodded and absently walked away. Hinata was a bit reluctant to leave his side.