Science Fact or Science Fiction? (Naoki x Reader)

OKAY OKAY I SAID THAT IT WAS GONNA BE A CUZA X READER NEXT I KNOW

bUT

I had an idea for this one soooooo

ye

don't kill me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n L/n and Naoki Minamo

Who would have thought that people so different could be friends?

One love the paranormal and the other stuck to the facts.

But they're friends anyways.

And the way they met was...

Well...

To be honest, they kinda hated each other at first.

•~•~•~•

"B/n with a burst finish! Y/n wins the match with a score of 2 to 1!"

You picked up your Beyblade. "Thanks, B/n, you did great." You pocketed the bey and turned to leave. The other kids shrugged, you normally went off like this after practice.

You walked by the river, looking out over the water. You began walking backwards, eventually bumping into someone. You tripped over your own feet and fell. "Crap, I'm sorry." You stood up.

"No, it's fine. Though you really shouldn't be walking backwards," the boy said.

You shrugged. "Normally I'd blame something else for my misfortune, but I can't exactly put the blame on the Hide-Behind or Weeping Angels. I'm Y/n L/n."

"Naoki Minamo. And you do know that those don't exist, right?"

You put your hands on your waist. "They do! Trolls, too! They steal your socks! But only the left ones. What's up with that?"

"They do not!"

"Do too!"

"Do not!"

"Do too!"

"Do not!"

"Do too!"

"Do too!"

"Do not! Wait, I mean do too!" You groaned in annoyance. "Look, these things exist and you can't tell me otherwise," you said, jabbing a finger at him. You left, leaving Naoki dumbfounded as to how you could believe silly things like that. (FIGHT ME)

•~•~•~•

Well, karma came back to bite you in the ass for being rude when you got paired up for a project. A science project. Joy.

You sighed. "So what are we doing? It's a long term project, but I have no idea what to do. All I though of so far is antimicrobial resistance with an LED display or something." (Something my friend -chlorine did for her science project this year)

"That's actually not a bad idea," Naoki said. "You know how to code?"

You shrugged. "Why else would I suggest it? Wanna come over later?"

"Why not?"

•~•~•~•

You opened the door to your house. "Here we are. My mom is probably out, and I have twin brothers playing in their room," you said, hearing the two argue. "Hang on a sec." you went upstairs to settle the argument.

While you were upstairs, Naoki glanced around the room. It seemed pretty normal, aside from random posters of Gravity Falls and Supernatural laying around on the floor.

You ran back downstairs, having settled your siblings' argument. "Sorry 'bout that. Let's go up to my room, all my stuff is up there." You led him up to your room.

Naoki's POV (wow someone else's point of view that's not mine)

Y/n's room was filled with things that had to do with the paranormal. How does she still believe this stuff?

She walked over to a closed off section of the room. The only thing closing it off was a blanket, and she pushed it to the side. Behind the blanket were computers and programming materials. She kicked something away, but it rolled back. "Forgot about that," she muttered. She picked it up and placed it on her desk.

Looking around, I saw that old science projects were scattered everywhere. "What are all these?" I asked.

She waved her hand. "Just old science projects. Some science fairs I got first place. Wasn't much, though." Y/n gestured towards the few awards sitting on her desk. Near them was a picture of her as a kid smiling next to someone.

•~•~•~•

Your POV

You kept programming as Naoki was working on the project board.

"Y/n."

"Yeah?"

"Is the guy in the picture your dad?"

"Yep." You kept working.

"Where is he?"

"Died in an accident at his lab. He would always teach me things, but since the accident my mom made me abandon all my projects. She hates science now." You clicked something and rolled to another part of your room, looking for an LED display.

After awhile you glanced over at Naoki to see your brothers sneaking up on him. "Naoki, don't look behind you."

"Why?"

"RAWR!" Your brothers jumped on Naoki, making him yelp is surprise and drop everything.

You fell to the ground laughing.

"Y/n!"

You stood up, still shaking with laughter. "I'm sorry, Naoki, I had to see your reaction. Meet Zeke and Zile. Zeke, Zile, this is Naoki Minamo, we're working on a project."

"Is he your boyfriend?" they asked in unison.

You blushed. "No! Get out!"

You ended up having to push them all the way to their room.

"Ah... sorry 'bout that, Naoki." You sat back down.

"It's fine." He went back to the project before glancing at you. "Maybe you're not such a bad person after all."

You smiled lopsidedly. "Same to you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hECK

Well then

Idk what to think of this one

Also

I have an Ask and Dare the Bey Club, go check it out!