Late Night Snacks (Clio x Reader)

Might be short

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You stared at the ceiling of your room. You had a tendency never to sleep at night except for rarely, and that's when you slept through a whole day. You always had nightmares when you slept.

"Bored. Boring. I'm so boooooreeeeed." You rolled out of bed. "Probably should've eaten something," you said before heading to the kitchen. You were careful not to wake Clio on your way past the room he was in, as he was a light sleeper. (I have this headcanon that vampire boi has insomnia. Idk)

Rummaging around in the cabinets and fridge, you made yourself hot chocolate, despite it being spring, because, hey, it was cold. Rain fell on the roof, making a soothing sound. It made you slightly tired, but not tired enough that you could actually sleep.

You flinched when you felt something behind you, but relaxed as you knew it was Clio. "Did I wake you?"

Clio sat down beside you and shook his head. "Nah, I just woke up."

You smiled and ruffled his hair. "Your bedhead is really cute." It really was. It stuck up randomly in places, and the part that was usually sticking up was frizzy.

"Y/n, stop." He gently pushed your hand away.

You giggled. "Come on, Clio!"

The magenta-eyed male sent you an unamused look.

"Alright, alright." You placed the now empty cup down on the table.

"Why don't you sleep?" Clio asked suddenly.

"Huh?" You gave the male a blank stare.

"Why don't you sleep?" he repeated.

"Oh. I actually have nightmares most of the time," you said.

"Why?"

"It's kinda a long story."

"I have time."

"I think I was around 7 at the time."

"Y/n, Y/n!" Your friend ran up to you. "I want to show you something!"

"Uhh, sure?" you responded.

Daikei cheered and pulled you by the hand. "Come on!"

"She didn't know I had a really bad fear of porcelain dolls at the time. I mean, I'm not scared of them anymore, but I've still had nightmares about that." You stared at the empty cup. "I guess I just didn't want to deal with it anymore, so I just stopped sleeping."

You felt arms wrap around you.

"Clio, wha?"

"I'll protect you from your nightmares," he declared. "Just promise that you'll sleep."

You giggled slightly at Clio's antics. "Alright."

•~•~•~•~•

Clio stared at your sleeping form. "Night, Y/n," he said before going to sleep himself.

When you woke up, you were relieved that it wasn't in a cold sweat. The warmth radiating from next to you told you that either Clio was still asleep or just didn't want to get up. You stood up and headed out the door, but turned to check if Clio was still asleep. Since he was, you walked back and placed a small kiss on his lips. "I love you, you know." You headed out the room, unaware that Clio was awake.

It was around 8 when Clio came downstairs, about half an hour after you.

You were reading a book, and Clio used this to his advantage and bit down on your neck, making you yelp and turn to see a smiling Clio. "Morning!"

You smiled back at him. "Morning, Clio! I was thinking about heading to the park soon, you wanna come?"

"Sure, why not?"

•~•~•~•~•

The two of you sat on a bench underneath a sakura tree, chatting casually.

"By the way, how'd you sleep?" Clio asked.

"Great, actually."

That's good. Also, what was that about this morning?" he asked.

"You were awake?" you sputtered.

"Yeah."

You groaned. "Clio, look, I'm sorry about that, I don't know what I was thinki-"

"I liked it."

You stared at him. "Li- You- What?"

"I liked it," he repeated. "It was really sweet, even though you did it because you thought I was asleep."

You smirked. "Then I guess I can do this."

"Do what?"

You grabbed Clio's cape and pulled him closer until your lips were touching.

•~•~•~•~•

"Y/n, do you remember how we got together?"

"I couldn't sleep."

"So you admit it!"

"...shit."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fu- sorry if it seems short and rushed, I had no inspiration