Chapter 12, Part 2: Penny's POV

I made sure the gym teachers, Coach K and Coach Merrill (but especially Coach K), were nowhere in site as I followed Douchezilla behind the bleachers. I could see all of my friends giving me a "WTF" look as they watched us from the track, but I pretended not to see them.

"A shed?" I said as we arrived in front of the decent-sized storage unit that held all the equipment responsible for keeping the fields looking as prim and proper as our school's reputation. "You brought me to a shed?"

"It's not just a shed," Douchezilla said. "It's the place I go to when I need to be alone. My secret hiding spot if you will."

"How can it be a secret when the janitors take stuff out of here all the time?" I asked.

"Trust me, there are some places in this baby that the janitors don't even go near," he said, patting the side of the shed.

"Oh really?" I raised an eyebrow. "Like where?"

"Like I said, it's a secret." Douchezilla smirked. "Maybe one day you'll be lucky enough to see for yourself."

"Was that supposed to be your attempt at being romantic or something?"

"No, I'm only romantic with a girl inside the shed," he said "We aren't at that level yet."

"Yet?" I rolled my eyes. "You are unbelievable."

"So I've been told," he said.

"So other than to show me your 'secret hiding spot,' why'd you bring me back here?" I asked. "To smoke? To drink?"

He raised an eyebrow. "What? No ... although I have a bottle of brandy hidden behind the old lawn mower if you want some to get a little loose."

I glared at him. "I don't drink," I said coldly. "And neither should you."

"It was a joke," he said.

"Ooh ..." That made me feel a little stupid. "Well it wasn't a very funny one."

"C'mon Pidge, you gotta lighten up a little bit. Do you really think I brought you back here during gym class to drink when you obviously still have to go back into the locker room to change?"

"Well ... I don't know—you never know."

"Well relax, because that's not why I brought you back here."

"Then, why did you?"

"Because like I said, this is where I like to come when I need to be alone, when I need a break from everything and everyone."

"You mean where you go to skip class," I corrected. "Other than the second floor water fountain, of course."

"Ouch, Pidge. That hurt," Douchezilla said, dramatically clutching his heart over his shirt. "You know, I'm really not the bad guy that you think I am."

"I never said you were a bad guy," I said. "Annoying maybe, but not bad."

"Okay fine. I'm really not the 'annoying' guy you think I am."

"Oh no?"

"No."

"Well I beg to differ."

Douchezilla slowly started stepping towards me. "Well what will it take for you to change your mind?"

As he moved towards me, I wanted to back up—at least I thought did—but I didn't. "Uhhh ..." I blubbered like an idiot. The only possible explanation I could give myself for not backing up was that his hotness made me frozen in my tracks. I know how ridiculous that sounded, but what else could it have been? Him hot, me frozen—it was actually kind of ironic once I thought about it.