Names

A few days after Hope sprained her ankle, she saw Lucas again. This time, Lucas was buying strawberries at the local farmer's market. Once Lucas was done haggling over a nearly rotten pineapple, he spotted Hope.

"Oh! What are you doing here?"

"What are you doing here?"

Lucas finished shopping and hurried over to where Hope was standing, near the shop door.

"I'm free right now, wanna play outside?" Something about the girl's aura appealed to Lucas.

"Yeah, OK."

"Oh, and by the way, what's your name?" Despite the fact that he had saved this girl, he didn't know her name.

"Hope"

To Lucas, this was the perfect name for a perfect girl.

-0-0-0--0-0-0--0-0-0--0-0-0--0-0-0--0-0-0--0-0-0--0-0-0--0-0-0--0-0-0-

Lucas and Hope stood facing each other. They had already decided the game they wanted to play: Each of them would show off their bending, and the best move would win.

Lucas went first. He controlled a huge fire whip that brushed the buildings on either side of the small alley. He was quickly exhausted and let the fire drop.

"Hey no fair, let me try!" Hope wanted to pull off something impressive too, so she mimicked Lucas' movements. To Lucas' surprise, she was able to procure a small fire whip. Hope lost concentration and dropped her whip.

"Wow, do you know what this means? You're a firebender!"

The nervous feeling in her stomach amplified.

The seed of worry in her mind grew.

No one Hope knew could bend two elements.

She was different.

She was the Avatar.