Betrayed

When Hope leaned down to empty the wastebasket in her room, she spotted two letters. On one, she recognized the handwriting as being similar to Nori's handwriting. The other looked official:

𝘋𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘒𝘢𝘥𝘭𝘪𝘯,

𝘊𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳, 𝘤𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭. 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘊𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘤𝘵 #783, 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘕𝘰𝘳𝘪 𝘢 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘥𝘦 (𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘰𝘮 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘤𝘦𝘢𝘯) 𝘦𝘹𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘭𝘺 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘯𝘰𝘸. 𝘈𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘰 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘕𝘰𝘳𝘪 𝘥𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘢 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘥 𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳, 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳'𝘴 𝘣𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘩𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘶𝘱 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬. 𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘥𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵. 𝘞𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘈𝘯𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘳.

𝘍𝘳𝘰𝘮,

T𝘩𝘦 𝘔𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳

Hope gasped. The date on the letter meant it had been mailed exactly a week ago! Nori was in danger!

 And worst of all, Kadlin, the trustworthy, hardworking sentry, had betrayed the White Lotus and was in on the plot to kill the person closest to her.

Hope's eyes flashed for a moment and harsh wind swept around the room, but she quickly calmed down. There was no point in being angry. She could still prevent this

As if on cue, Nori showed up. She was wearing travel clothes and carrying a suitcase. She waved goodbye at Hope. Hope sprinted to the young woman she considered family and explained the peril she was in. Nori's eyes grew wide, and she dropped her suitcase.

"We have to go. Now. If they find me here and find out you know the plot against me, we will be in danger and might even die. Luckily, I'm all packed up." Hope heard someone's Satomobile stop in front of the building, and Hope quickly gestured out the huge window in her room. Nori nodded.

Hope earthbent a small pillar from the yard right outside her window. Both of them stood on it while Hope lowered it onto the ground. Nori held Leo, whom Hope had gotten close to. Then, they quickly escaped the place Hope had known as home for nearly six months. By the time Kadlin answered the door and let Contact #783 in, Hope, Nori, and Leo were long gone.