Asking for Trouble

After a moment of silence, Hope spoke. "Where have you been delivering those letters to? I need answers."

Lucas struggled to describe the place he had delivered letters to and briefly visited."I-it's a big building on the outside, but pretty small on the inside. You have to knock on the door to get in because there are 3 padlocks on the inside."

Hope listened and nodded. "I have 2 ideas. You could either intercept the next letter Kadlin sends, or we could try to break in. I personally like the first idea more. It's less violent and more likely to work."

Lucas shook his head. "Either way, we're asking for trouble."

Hope persisted. "We need to get to the bottom of this. Poor Nori won't be able to sleep at night until we do." Nori had left to go to her bedroom.

Lucas shook his head again. "Shouldn't she be taking care of us? We're just little kids. If I die, who will take care of my mother?"

"You do want to know what your sister is doing in a cult of murderers, right? If you want to know, we have to do this." Hope retaliated.

Lucas knew he didn't have any choice. He would have to go see his sister again, even though he didn't want to.

Hope smiled. "Now that that's decided, let's go ask for trouble."