Chapter 14: Back To Square One

I stare out the window in Nick's car. I refuse to even acknowledge his presence and focus on the road in front of me instead.

"Damn, you're quiet", Nick suddenly speaks up but I pretend like I didn't hear him, or that was until I feel his hand on my thigh and I raise my own in a reflex to slap it away.

"Don't", he hiss and squeezes until I have to bite myself in my lip in order to not whimper. "You've already made me mad enough, don't you think it's time to lay back with the attitude now?"

"You killed Parker", I said and turn my head back on to the road when I feel my eyes watering with tears.

I can hear Nick sigh and then the car suddenly cringe to a stop and I feel something grip my chin, forcing me to look at him.

"Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. Whatever I did, I think you've learned to not disobey me again, am I right?"

My eyes flicker down to my feet as I don't want to look at him and a growl escapes his throat.

"Don't push past my limits now, Alex. I'm not in the mood and I won't hesitate to shoot another one of your friends if that's what I have to do to make you understand. Am I clear?"

"Crystal", I force myself into saying as I hold back a witty comment.

"Good", he smirks and starts to stroke my cheek with his thumb. A tear slowly falls down my cheek and moisten my bottom lip. I close my eyes, not wanting Nick to see that I am crying, that I am weak, and concentrate on taking deep breaths.

Nick eventually let go of me and start the car again and I lean my head against the cold window and force my eyelids open. I need to be able to see where he is taking me in order to easily get myself out of there as well.

I thought the ride would be long, like the first time when I got kidnapped, but instead, I notice that he pulls up at a parking lot in a matter of minutes and the short drive takes me with surprise.

Nick seems to be slightly amused by my facial expression and smirks before exiting the car and walking over to my side and offering his hand for me to take.

I decline his gesture and stand up on my own and he slowly shakes his head, still with his lips curled upwards, and place a hand onto my lower back, gently pushing me towards the front door.

I had half expected the house to be either really big, like the old mansion, or really crappy and run down but nonetheless, I had been almost sure of that it would be placed in the middle of nowhere, but I was wrong.

The house is one of those typical English townhouses, similar to Jamie's, made out of bricks.

Nick opened the door and lead me inside and I reluctantly let him, knowing he would only get even angrier if I tried to get away.

"Tea, coffee, anything?" he asks me with fake politeness and I give him an 'are you serious' look before shaking my head.

"Fine", he shrugs, "but I gonna grab a beer." By saying that, he pushes me up a small staircase until we reach the kitchen where he grabs a cold beer from the fridge.

"Sure you don't want anything?" he questions again as he opens the can and takes a sip. I cringe in disgust and shake my head again.

"So be it", he says casually, seemingly in a better mood, and take a hold onto my hand before leading me up another staircase until we reach an average sized bedroom with a lack of furniture except for a double bed, wardrobe and a TV.

Nick closes the door behind us before taking the remote and turning the tv on and throwing himself onto the bed, still with the beer can in his hand. He pats on the place beside him and motions for me to come over. I can see his eyes darken in a matter of seconds as I stay on my ground but the cold glare he gives me cause me to slowly walk over to him and sitting down on the spot at his left.