Chapter 31: Warning

"Do you two know each other?" I ask shakily, dreading the answer.

Nick meets my confused and dreadful gaze and his facial expression gives away what he is going to say and by the tone of his voice, I can tell that he is far, far away from being happy.

"Yeah, something like that."

I swallow the lump in my throat and take a deep breath. "What does 'something like that' mean?"

"It means we did know each other once", Shane says, "but not anymore."

"Saying that we knew each other is an overstatement", Nick grunt, "I didn't know you were a weeping little snitch."

"I'm sure you got a lot of catching up and explaining to do", I say discretely, "so I'm out of here."

I can tell that both of them are upset and I get a strong feeling that things will get heated soon and I try to push past both Shane and Nick but both of them grab a hold onto me and I glare at them both as I try to hide my fear.

"It's charming that you both want me to stay", I say with a sickly sweet voice, "but I don't feel like getting in the middle of a fight."

I shake their hands off of me and walk past Nick and out through the door and I get a feeling of that the only reason to why they let me leave the café is because they don't want to cause a scene.

I start to walk down the street but get barely three meters before a hand stops me again and I turn around with a sigh.

"What?" I snap at Shane who gives me a confused look.

"Where are you going?" he asks me and I motion towards the road with my hand.

"Where do you think? Home."'

"I'll drive you."

Nick watches our conversation and takes a few steps closer towards us.

"No", he says", I'll drive her."

"Neither of you drives me", I say with a determined voice, "I'll walk."

The atmosphere is extremely tense, it feels almost as if you can touch it because of how compact it is, and I squirm uncomfortably.

Nick and Shane are glaring daggers at each other and even though I get some questions I would like to ask them, I decide that getting away from them both is my highest priority right now.

"There's a long way to walk", Shane says, sounding concerned. "Someone should drive you and who do you trust the most? A guy who kidnapped you and who doesn't feel any regret or me, a guy who made one mistake he wishes he could forget?"

Before I have time to answer, he put a hand behind my back and start guiding me towards his car, but Nick isn't happy about it and blocks the way for us.

"I'm warning you not to do this", Nick threatens but Shane doesn't even seem to be faced about it.

"And I'm warning you to get out of our way", he says and when Nick stays on his ground, Shane pushes us to the side and start dragging me with him in half a circle around Nick, who reaches for me and grab a hold of my shirt. Shane react in an instant and before I really have time to comprehend what is going on, Shane has turned around to face Nick and thrown him a straight punch in his jaw, causing him to stumble backward.

Right at this, with the best timing in the world, a couple steps out of the café, preventing the guys in my sight to create a big scene unless they want the police to probably get involved.