Chapter 15: Questions And Answers

Truth to be told, I wasn't surprised when Nick said that I would stay the night. Actually, I was more surprised that he didn't say something in style with 'you're stuck here forever' or 'you'll never get rid of me'.

Nick texted Lindsey and told her to cover up for me and tell Martha that I was staying the night at the hospital and I hate to admit that it is a damn legit reason to why I won't be sleeping in my own bed tonight. It's not like the thought that Nick may have returned and practically kidnapped me again after shooting Parker would cross her mind.

Just to think about my current situation makes me want to dig myself deep into the ground and don't wake up until it is all over, but that's the problem. It doesn't seem to ever be over. I don't even know why Nick put so much effort into making my life miserable. I'm just a normal teen, right? Not that I want him to bother some other girl instead but why did he put so much time into finding me if I'm nothing special in his eyes? The thought creeps into my mind and refuses to leave and I gnaw on my bottom lip as I try to find a good reason.

After minutes and even more minutes of searching without getting any answer, I give up and sigh loudly as I turn my head towards Nick. We've moved down from his bedroom and he put me in the living room as he stands in the hallway, talking to Zeke and Vince who I've learned to know live here as well.

I keep my eyes on his face and his lips move as he talks, but I can't make out what he is saying. I don't think they want me to hear it either because every once in a while, they'll throw glances at me like if to see if I've sneaked up on them or something.

Finally, Nick nods and walks into the living room as the other two exits the house. Nick gives me a strange look as I won't take my eyes off of him and before he has time to say anything, I do it instead.

"Why did you do it?" I ask, still not moving my eyes the slightest. He raises his eyebrows in confusion and sits down beside me on the couch.

"Do what?" he asks and casually stretches his arm out only to place it around my shoulders. I try to move away but he holds me back and gives me a warning glance and I reluctantly relax.

"Go through I don't even know what, just to get me back", I say slowly, now focusing my eyes on my feet instead.

Nick goes quiet and doesn't answer. I cautiously glance up at him through lowered lashes and notice that he is staring straight at the wall with a small frown between his brows.

"Because you're mine", he finally says and averts his gaze back to me, returning to the hell that sadly enough is called reality.

"No", I scoff, "I'm not, and you know it."

He rolls his eyes at my attitude and shakes his head, causing his already messy hair to fall down in front of his eyes. I notice that he is in need of a haircut but I don't say anything.

"You better stop denying it or you will be sorry", he warns me. "I've already told you, I won't be as lenient with you anymore."

"Like if you ever were", I mutter under my breath, clearly not quiet enough since Nick gives me a meaningful glare.

I feel Nick's arm slip down my shoulders towards my waist and before I know it, I'm picked up and placed in his lap. I have to use all of my willpower to not say or do anything that I would regret and I remain silent with my teeth clenched in controlled anger.

"I've missed you", Nick suddenly murmurs as he breathes in the scent of my perfume.

His words, almost sounding... sweet, takes me by surprise and before I even know it, I blurt out a; "what?"