Eighteen

Andie Hamilton and I have been friends for over seven years, ever since she joined my father's company but in all that time, I don't think she's ever seen me as relaxed and free at work as I've been over the past few days in the new job

I was no longer fighting a losing battle, trying to impress my father. I was no longer seeking the approval that would never come. I was no longer dreading walking into the building, knowing that everything I did was just going to be a huge disappointment.

With Clark, he trusted me to do my job; he would give me a brief, we'd jot down some ideas, he'd tell me under no circumstances did he want A, B and C and then he'd make a note of our next meeting in his calendar before saying, "I trust you, Lyanna. Any questions, call me. I'll answer, I promise."

With W8 Designs only comprising of myself and Andie, for the time being, we had free run of the building, blasting music and dancing wildly without having to look over our shoulder. At one point, it might have been a good idea to look over our shoulder; Andie and I were dancing to Despacito on the radio when a bike delivery man, or boy, really, walked in. We're not sure how long he was stood there for but from the smirk on his features, I'd say he was there for a good few minutes before we noticed.

Andie, at first, was thrilled at the change in my personality but by the fourth day, she was suspicious of my happiness. Naturally, with Andie Hamilton being Andie Hamilton, her first thought was that I was finally getting some much-needed sex. She congratulated Michael and me for finally doing the deed, something she insisted we should have done 'months, if not years ago.' My attempts at correcting her went unheeded so after the eighth time, I realised I was wasting my breath and gave up trying to put her right. 

"Lyanna, did you know that Clark Reiss has put out an advert for some additional staff?" Andie asked as she flounced into my office, her floral perfume filling the room. She threw a folder on my desk and huffed. "Those are the candidates and he expects me to shortlist and for us to interview soon. Can you believe the cheek of him?"

I laugh at how worked up she is. "How awful of Clark!" I sarcastically say, shaking my head in mock horror. "It's despicable that he would want a full team working here."