Torture / Chapter 20

It's now 11:48pm... this day has been dragging on and on. After the doctor gave me the news that Elena will be going into surgery, he hasn't come back. I'm so worried about her. I don't even know how to explain it... 

The surgery however hasn't began yet. I have yet to know what they are waiting for. Jin took Jungkook and Taehyung home because they started falling asleep on each other. J-hope however, stayed with me. He knows I can't cope with this alone.

"Mr. Kim?" I shot up from my seat and ran to Doctor Choi. He was holding a patient robe, gloves, a hair cap, shoe caps, and a mouth mask.

"Do you still want to see Mrs. Park?" Doctor Choi smiled and held out the materials. I quickly nodded and snatched the materials out of his hands. He pointed to the bathroom and I pratically ran there. I put on the materials and looked in the mirror.

"I love you Elena." I know I wasn't talking to anyone but I needed to say it. I needed to say it before I officially go crazy. It's been 13 hours and 43 minutes since I held Elena's body in my hands. I still haven't gone home.

I had gotten a call from Jimin earlier saying that he made it out safely with Ariana. However, Ariana would not stop asking for Elena and me. She kept crying. But I can't go to her like this. Soaked in her mother's blood.

I walked outside to see Doctor Choi standing alone. My eyebrows scrunched up in confusion.

"Where is J-hope?" Doctor Choi looks at me for while and then speaks.

"I told him to leave. He looked very tired." I stared at Doctor Choi for a bit and then followed him as he started walking.

As I walked into the ICU (Intensive Care Unit), I saw many patients isolated from one another. Patients with way more fatal illnesses. Elena wasn't completely saved yet, she could still die. But I can't think like that. If I think like that, she will never get better.

I walked into Elena's room, 924, and felt my heart shatter. She had a tube down her throat in order for her to breathe. Her perfect chocolate brown hair was pulled up in a hair cap. Her skin was very pale. Too pale. Her beautiful eyelashes interlocking with her lower ones. Her usually rose pink lips were purple. Her arms were paler than her face. Her legs were barely visible but I knew they were pale too.

I leaned into her and gripped her hand. I walked around her I.V. that was inserting blood into her. I sat down in the chair next to her and stared at her. I kept gripping her small fragile hands.

"She's in a coma Mr. Kim. She may not respond to you but she can hear you." I smiled at that. Tears started dropping down my cheeks. I'm surprised I still have any tears left...

"Baby? I know you can hear me. God please wake up Elena. Don't leave Ariana and me alone. I can't do it without you... I don't know how to take care of a baby by myself." Doctor Choi stood at the door. He was making sure nothing happened to her. I leaned into her shoulder and cried into it. The love of my life is lying on her death bed.

"Mr. Kim? It's time to take Elena into surgery." Doctor Choi stood behind me and gripped my shoulder. I look up at him. He nods his head and walks away.

"Please hurry. Save her life. That's all I ask of you..." I was behind Doctor Choi. My eyes were bloodshot red, I also had bags under my eyes. Doctor Choi inspected me and asked me a question.