Chapter Ten

"Roni, I-"

"Swan!" There's a deep voice calling out from over Roni's shoulder, grabbing my attention. I groan and reluctantly shift my eyes to the ecstatic man waving frantically at me.

"Shit," I murmur and out of my peripheral vision I notice Roni's eyebrows tensing, forcing that little vein to make its appearance, silently demanding an explanation.

The persistent man is coming up fast behind Roni and I'm praying he doesn't say anything stupid.

"Swan! What are you doing out? Let me buy you a drink," the blue eyed man offers with his award winning grin plastered across his face as if there's paparazzi lurking in the bushes to snap a picture of him.

"No, I'm good Killian. I've told you this before."

Roni spins around to discover who this mystery man is that's interrupting our rather private moment. She makes sure to keep our hands linked and her body pressed into my side, clearly marking her territory.

"I'm sorry and who are you?" Miss Mills has has finally pushed her way to the surface, benching the sweet Roni I was just interacting with. Her face is cold and judgement is screaming from her eyes right now.

"I'm Killian," the man from the diner announces as he holds out his hand. Roni glances down and purses out her lips. The brunette stares at his hand like she might catch something deadly if she comes in contact with him.

"Hmm," Roni hums and the shrewdness is overwhelming at this point. Killian's face falls and soon he's retracting his hand in embarrassment.

Killian clears his throat awkwardly and glances my way. If his face wasn't covered in scruff, his cheeks would be burning red right now.

"And who are you?" Killian questions with a hint of jealousy.

"I'm Roni, Emma's wife," she spits out in anger causing me to flinch by her reaction.

"Wife? Swan, you didn't tell me you were married." Well so much for hoping he wouldn't say something stupid to incriminate me. "You just told me about your three brats."

"Excuse me!" Roni snaps, her voice ice cold as she lunges forward at the man. I keep a tight hold on our laced fingers, making sure she doesn't tear this man's heart right out. She uses her free hand though to shove the man as hard as she can. "I don't know who you are, but you have no right to speak about my children in such a disrespectful manner."

Killian holds his hands up in surrender and I know Miss Mills is making him shit his pants right now, just like she does with every other man who dares to cross her path.

"Those were Swan's words, not mine!"

"Roni, relax. He's just some customer from the diner, who can't seem to take no for an answer," I honestly explain and give her hand a little tug asking her to come back to me.

"How come you never mentioned a wife?"

"I explained my children and you still didn't back off!"

"Hey you made it seem like you were divorced or something. If I would have known..."

"I wear a ring Killian." I flash my old wedding ring that I've been sporting around since I claimed Roni as my wife. Killian's blue eyes shift down to the cheap band causing all the blood to drain from his face.

"Shit Swan, I never...I didn't...shit."

"Your wide range of vocabulary is astonishing. You're going to make some bimbo very proud one day," Roni quips inspiring a smirk to spread across my face. I try to bite back my laugh but this woman really is something else.