Chapter Eleven

"You slept with her didn't you?" Ruby questions with that smug look upon her face. I just want to crawl across this picnic table and smack that expression off her face.

"Will you ssshhh! I don't want her to hear you!" Ruby rolls her eyes dramatically as she takes a sip from her beer. "And yes, of course I slept with her, we both know there's no controlling drunk Emma."

"Oh I'm well aware of drunk Emma. So what are you going to do now?"

"I-I have no idea. I want to tell her so bad but god I don't want to-"

"Wait, you love her." Ruby's words aren't a question but more of a realization. The light bulb finally turning on in her head. "Not as in, I like her enough to date her and see where this goes. No, like you want her to forever be your baby mama."

I groan and bury my face into hands. "Ruby..."

"Emma," Roni calls out from the grill that she's standing in front of.

Since Ruby and I didn't have to work today, we all went to the beach for the day. Roni was grilling our lunch as we took a break from the water.

"Yeah Roni?"

"The hot dogs are done for the kids, can you come grab them?"

"Of course," I reply while standing up from the picnic table.

"The wifey calls, Emma jumps! You guys are totally married," my friend laughs at me, a little too hard for my liking.

"Shut up!" I have nothing else to say because I'm falling so hard and so fast for Roni, I know I would do anything she asked of me.

I place my hand at the small of my fake wife's back and hold a plate out for her to pile the hot dogs on. She begins removing the food off the grill one by one.

"Where's Max? Are you keeping him occupied?" She questions in a stern tone.

"He's shoulder deep in a bag of potato chips, he's occupied," I reply causing the brunette to groan.

"Emma, he's going to fill up on chips and not eat his lunch."

"Max never refuses food," I chuckle and lightly peck her cheek.

This small gesture is enough to crack a small smile on one side of her mouth. With her free hand, she grips my chin possessively and kisses me roughly. I feel all my insides turn to mush, forcing an involuntary whimper to make its way out of my mouth and into hers.

"Can we sneak off somewhere?" She playfully mumbles against my lips while she continues to kiss me feverishly. I pull back and smack her plump ass hard.

"Stop it!" I escape hastily before she has a chance to catch me. I sit down on the wooden picnic table and begin preparing my children's lunches. "Max, that's enough chips for now until you finish the hot dog."

My son groans and pushes the bag away with anger, but I don't care, as long as he listens to my instructions. I prepare three plates with hot dogs and apply each of their favorite condiments.

"You're so royally fucked," Ruby declared as she popped a chip into her mouth.

"Ruby! Language!" Roni scolded as she brought another plate full of cheeseburgers.

"Sorry, Roni," Ruby winced before her eyes landed on mine, full of amusement. I rolled my eyes and focused on my kid's meals.

"So why is my wife so royally screwed?" Roni questions while sliding onto the bench next to me.

"Oh uh...." Ruby's words die on her tongue, leaving her a gaping fish out of water.

"Uhhh...just like with work and stuff..." I mumble. Roni turns her full attention toward me and I can clearly read the panic on her face.