Chapter 5 Sleeping Single in a Double Bed

A/N the inspiration for the title of this chapter came from a song written by a country singer named Babara Mandrell.

Sleeping single in a double bed,
Thinking over things I wish I'd said,
I should have held you but I let you go,
Now I'm the one sleeping all alo-oh-one.
Sleeping single in a double bed (ooh-oo-ooh),
Tossing, turning, trying to forget (ahh-ah),
I could be lying with you instead,
I'm sleeping single in a double bed,
I'd pour me a drink, but I'd only be sorry
'Cause drinking doubles alone, don't make it a par-arty
Another sleepless night and it's the same old stor-ory
When you're the only one at two in the morning
I-I'm sleeping single in a double bed (ooh-oo-ooh)
Thinking over things I wish I'd said (ahh-ah)
I should have held you but I let you go
Now I'm the one sleeping all alo-oh-one
Sleeping single in a double bed
Tossing, turning, trying to forget (you-ou)
I could by lying with you instead
I'm sleeping single in a double bed
I'm sleeping single in a double bed (ah-hah-ah)
Thinking over things I wish I'd said (ooh-ooh)
I should have held you but I let you go
Now I'm the one sleeping all alo-oh-one
Sleeping single in a double bed (ah-hah-ah)
Tossing, turning, trying to forget (you-ou)
I could be lying with you instead
I'm sleeping single in a double bed
I-Im sleeping single in a double bed
Thinking over things I wish I'd said (fade)

Chapter 5 Sleeping Single in a Double Bed

Harry Flooed the Saint Mongo's Hospital to check and see if Draco was still in their care, then left the house to pay his old school mate a friendly visit. As he walked into the private room he noticed that Draco was curled up into a tight ball sobbing silently with a crumpled letter in his hands. "Draco, I hate to intrude," started Harry.

"Then don't, just leave me the fuck alone," snarled Draco as he pulled the sheet up over his head.

"Draco, Look, I know that we haven't always got along in the past, but I really need to speak with you about your situation with your wife," said Harry as he took a seat in the chair next to the bed.

"What happens between my wife and I is not your concern," muttered Draco from under the sheet angrily.

"It is when the lives of her and the rest of your family may be at risk, Malfoy. That said you can either listen to what I have to say or I get the ministry involved," threatened Harry as he narrowed his green eyes at the form of the other man under the covers.

Draco was silent and didn't reply, so Harry continued. "Your son and mine are friends Draco. My son expressed his concern for his friend and I felt the need to have a little chat with him. He told me several things that I found disturbing, like the fact that apparently someone in black hooded cloaks have been following her around. Why didn't you report that to the Ministry or even come to me about it? I could have helped," said Harry.

"Would you really Potter," asked Draco from under the sheets?

"Yes I would, if you just give me the chance," said Harry hoping to make Draco see reason.

Draco sat up and ripped the sheets down to reveal his badly bruised face. "Harry what I am about to tell you can go no farther than you and I. The fact that my children have witnessed the few incidents that they have is quite more than they should have been exposed to, and I don't want them involved any further than they are in this matter," said Draco as he handed Harry the crumpled letter.

Harry quickly scanned over the letter and frowned. "Draco are these blood stains on this parchment yours or hers," he asked as he handed the letter back?

"Their hers Harry. When Voldemort died my Dark Mark vanished, hers didn't. She's been casting that damned spell that you used on me during our fifth year on herself once a week, and just stands there locked in our bathroom or wherever she feels safe letting her blood just pour until she's about to faint. Then she heals herself and downs a few vials of blood replenishing potion before she faints," said Draco as he crushed the letter in his hand.