Chapter 2:

I reach the dining room and step in all eyes land on me and I huff. I see Eric walk in on the other side he looks up at me and nods a hello then looks away as I take my seat beside Josiah.

"Raven, could you not clean up at least a little?" He asks and I look down at my appearance: black skinny pants with one hole in the right knee, a gray tummy shirt tank top with a dirt stain on the side, and black army boots.

"I was fighting demons do you want me to wear a dress?" I ask

"You've been home for 20 minutes you could've changed." He says

"Would you stop it? I am not a little kid. I'm not trying to impress anybody so I don't care what my appearance looks like." I say. He goes to reply but everyone starts walking in and he shuts up. We all eat in silence and I am in so much relief when the dinner ends.

"Ok I need a team of three to scope out around the mountain." Josiah says standing up.

"I'm in." I say and he glares at me.

"No you're staying here."

"Never I have more skill then half of these men combined. You sent me out this morning why won't you send me out tonight?" I ask

"The demons are stronger, bigger, and more powerful." He says

"So what? Let me go."

"No Raven." He says but I'm not taking no for an answer. I shut my eyes and conjure up the image of the girl with long blonde hair and blue eyes. Once I open my eyes Josiah sighs.

"Eric go with her and keep her safe." He says to the guy I barely know. Eric nods and I sigh but don't argue.

"Let's go." I say through a voice not my own. I spin around grabbing three knives, one sword, one pistol and five disks. I throw on a bullet proof vest and am followed by Josh, Eric, and Jason as I step forward again. I throw a disk out in front of me and we all climb in. I watch the dining room close up and replace with the opening of the dark forest. I shut the disk and watch the worm hole vanish. Eric, Josh, and Jason move to my side and we split up. Eric with me and Josh and Jason together.

"We'll take the forest, you take around." I say yanking out my sword. They all nod and Eric and I are off. We sneak through the woods listening for anything at all. I hear a rustle from above and I freeze. I move into a low squat and Eric turns around noticing me getting low and does the same thing. I shut my eyes and let my ears do the sensing. I hear something small drop from the tree and my eyes fly open.

"Bomb!" I shout and Eric and I jump up and away landing on the ground hard as the bomb goes off. His arm is swung over me keeping me close to him as the stuff showers around us. Laughter fills the air and I growl jumping up. I yank out my sword and face the five demons surrounding us.

"You can't fight us all. Turn in!" A male shouts. I spin around and notice it's the guy from this morning a smirk covers his face and I groan.

"She's mine." He says and I laugh lunging at him. We do one on one battle and I block his blows getting one in with my knee. He slaps me across the face and I fly backwards into a tree.

"Raven!" Eric yells rushing over to me. He pulls me up and I yank out my sword again.

"Oh aren't ya'll just adorable." The demon spits and I shout jumping at him. I slice off two demons' heads on my way and watch them fall to the ground dead. But more take their places.

"Backup!" I yell into a watch on my wrist. Suddenly four worm holes open and my brother and three other men jump out and attack. One of the men turns around and I scream as a sphere is stabbed through his stomach. He falls dead. I keep fighting the leader and yank out a disk. I throw it into the air and jump in just as I was hoping the leader follows me in and I throw another one and jump into it throwing another disk knowing where the first one will land.