Chapter 22:

"You bastard!" I yell yanking at my binds.

"Now now no need to call people names." He replies bending down to my level.

I head butt him and feel his nose snap from the impact. Suddenly a knife is to my throat and his blood is freely flowing onto me.

"Raven Raven Raven. Tisk tisk. Remember I have the knife and right now the upper hand." He hisses and I glare.

"Get out of my face." I spit and he smirks backing up.

"Going against your own people." I say shaking my head.

"No I went against you pesky mortals, my people are still by my side." He says and I twist and tug trying to break the damn rope.

"You betrayed us all!" I yell

"All? Raven, you Josiah and Eric are the only three still alive everyone else is dead." He spits and walks over to me. He grabs my chin and forces my head up. I meet his yellow eyes once more and I clench my jaw.

"Be like me." He says and I laugh humorously

"Never. I will never become like you, like banshees, like vampires, like shadows, like demons. I will never ever join your side." I say

"You're being pulled over already though. You can only stay good for so long before the darkness rising in you takes you over." He says

"I will fight. You're only one obstacle in my way. You're not even close to what I will face later on and I will never ever side with you monsters! I will die fighting!" I yell and hold the hand hidden behind my back out and open.

"You're stupid Raven you're biggest obstacle isn't us, or even me, it's yourself." He spits

"What do you mean?" I ask calling my knife to me with my mind.

Make invisible!

I call that in my mind as well and keep my gaze on Josh.

"What do I mean? Raven you're body can only hold the lightness and the darkness together for so long. The time you have it leveled out will be great but soon one side will over throw the other or you will die painfully. You can't be light and dark that's not how this world works." He says

"How do you know so much about this?" I ask feeling the hilt of my knife land in my hand.

"Because something similar happened to me. I, luckily survived, but, darkness claimed me. We are much alike in many ways." He says

"You're lying we are nothing alike your a gargoyle and have never had an ounce of good in your body." I spit slowly cutting the rope so only my wrist moves nothing else.

"You're right ever since a mortal took my mother's life killing her on the spot because she was claimed a witch I have never been good. I became angry, violent, I even killed my own father because of the darkness pulling at me. Finally I could take it no longer and let darkness take me over and let me tell you, it's a great life!"

"That's a nice story you bastard. Killing your own father letting the darkness take you over! Not fighting it. To hell if it's a good life you and your group are killing innocent people."

"And I'm about to kill one more." He says a huge sword coming into view.

"I'm not that easy." I spit the I throw my arms to the sides the rope breaking.

He lunges at me and I drop to my stomach kicking my feet up and rolling over slamming the chair on to him. It shatters and the rope comes untied from around my ankles. I jump up and block his blow with a chair leg. I back bend as he slices the sword at my head then kick up hearing the sword fly behind me.