Chapter 16:

"Josiah!" I yell hearing his footsteps. Her eyes droop shut and a tear slides down my cheek landing on her gently.

"Raven." I whisper shaking her Josiah finally reaches the room and falls to his knees beside us.

"What happened!?" He exclaims pressing his palm to her forehead.

"Another illusion she just died in this one. She told me to duck and I did so the bullet missed me and hit her!" I yell punching the ground. I rip open her shirt and feel more tears fall.

"She can heal! We have to get that bullet out of her." He says and I shake my head.

"No, she's gone, a bullet wound can't be healed unless it was a chip. The bullet hit her heart she's gone." I whisper stroking her dark hair out of her face.

"Still pull the bullet out." He says and I nod. He hands me tweezers and I turn back to her. I gently pull out the bullet and Josiah turns away from us.

"She deserves to be buried." He says and I nod stroking her face. He stands up and leaves the room and I look back down at her.

"I'm sorry." I whisper and not caring anymore I gently press my lips against hers pulling her bottom lip softly in between my teeth then releasing. I feel tears slip down my face and then I feel her lips move beneath mine. I pull back in shock and see her eyes blink open.

"Raven?" I whisper.

"I can heal." She says

"But it was a bullet it hit you in the heart." I say

"It barely missed." She says and a choked sob leaves me as I pull her against my chest. She buries her head and I leave my chin on top of her forehead.

"You kissed me." She whispers meeting my eyes and I nod.

"I thought I'd lost you." I say and she nods.

"You can't lose me that easily." She says looking up at me and I smile landing a small and gentle kiss on her forehead gently once again then hugging her against me.

"Welcome back to the living then." She instantly turns her head and Josiah smiles. He rushes over to her and pulls her into a hug and then I help her stand.

"Thanks." She says and I laugh

"You're welcome." Josiah replies.

"It's midnight and I hope no more damn illusions come again. I am going to bed goodnight." Josiah says and I laugh as he leaves.

"We should probably get to bed too. And hope we have no more attacks." I say and she nods. We climb into the bed and she curls up so close yet so far away from me. I reach out a hand to pull her towards me but know I can't and shouldn't so I drop my hand to the bed and turn so my back is to her.

"Goodnight Raven." I whisper

"Goodnight." She says then we soon fall asleep.

************************************

Short chapter I know! Sorry hope you liked it!! 💋❤️ 7/5/14