Chapter 7:

I blink open my eyes and slowly sit up. I look next to me still seeing Eric out, hopefully he'll wake up soon. Stretching I climb off of the bed and pull my shirt over my head readjusting my black bra and look down at the bandage wrap around my waist. Dried blood is sticking to it and I sigh gently undoing it and taking it off. I throw the bandage in the trash and look at the cut. Dry blood sticks to my side and I sigh again as I notice that the dried blood even goes to the middle of my lower back. Huffing I wet a paper towel and start dabbing at the dried blood, the wound healed but the blood stayed.

"What did you do to yourself?" I gasp as I spin around and place my hand on my heart seeing Eric sitting up and looking at me.

"Well the banshee knocked you out and I got cut across my side." I say with a shrug trying to reach the blood on my back. He stands up and walks over to me and takes the cloth from my hand.

"Turn." He says and I sigh spinning around so my back is to him. He places the cloth against the dried blood and I lean back towards him as he gently scrubs it off.

"The wound is totally healed." He says gently whisking his fingers over my wound.

"It wasn't that deep." I say

"Raven that much blood doesn't come from something so small." He says

"Well it did." I say pulling away from his touch.

"Whatever, I'm still putting another wrap on it." He says

"Why I don't need it." I say

"Just let me." He says and I groan but turn to face him.

"Fine." I say and he nods grabbing another thing of wrap and handing me the end.

"Hold it against your left side." He says and I do so as he starts wrapping around my body. He wraps the gauze around my waist and his chin gently skims my shoulder and I shiver. He reaches behind me again on the second rap and his breath gently hits the weak spot on my neck. I bite my lip hard as he finishes up and I inwardly sigh when he finishes. He sticks it on and I quietly pull my shirt back down.

"Thanks." I say and he nods.

"How long was I out?" He asks and I shrug.

"All night last night starting when the banshee first screeched to five minutes ago." I say pushing up onto the counter and sighing. I look outside of the window to the trees and bushes surrounding us. Several things come to my mind and before I even realize it I am totally zoned out staring at the small sun I can barely see through the trees.

"Whatcha thinking about?" I snap out of my thoughts and look over at Eric.

"What?" I ask

"You're staring out there, whatcha thinking about?" He asks

"Nothing really. I just miss Josiah and I hope he's ok." I say taking out the dog tags.

"You brought those with you?" He asks and I nod.

"With all the screaming and fighting I kinda forgot to leave them." I say pulling my knees to my chest and turning back to the window. A few minutes of silent pass before I turn to face Eric who's leaning against the table and looking down.

"Do you think he's ok?" I ask. He looks up and our eyes meet as he nods.

"I do. I think he's strong and loves you so much. He would fight through hell to get back to you." He says

"We're living hell." I whisper and he nods.

"I know." He says walking over to me and I lose it.