Chapter 12:

"You should wake her up we are gonna be there soon." Josiah says from upfront. I look over at Raven and she curls closer to the door.

"I'll carry her in. I don't think she'd be to thrilled if I woke her up." I say

"Alright. Do you know what's up with her?" He asks

"No idea she's been fine except for today." I say

"Do you think it's aimed towards me?" He asks

"Doubtful. She understood what was happening with you and why it was so long for you to get here. It must be something else." I say

"Like what though?"

"I don't know. She's acting different, more hostile then usual. That girl, she killed her instantly. She got a spear from somewhere and stabbed it through her chest. That's not what she'd do she would have sliced her head off. Given her an easy death but she didn't she made sure she suffered even if for a second before she finally died. That's not like Raven." I say

"Well she stole her identity." Josiah says

"I know it just seems strange to me." I reply

"Yeah it does." He agrees.

"I'll try to talk to her about it." I say and he nods.

Time passes as Josiah continues to drive us towards the middle of the forest. He stops a few feet in front of the middle of the forest and parks.

"We have to walk from now on. If we drive a car in we'll awaken the dark elves and forest shadows." He says and I nod. I climb out of the car and walk over to Raven's door. I tap gently on the glass and see her sit up. I open the door and she looks up at me.

"We have to walk from now on." I say and she nods getting up.

The safe house we are going to is not splat in the middle of the dark forest truth is nobody knows what's in the middle of the dark forest but I doubt it's anything good. It's more dangerous then these demons surrounding us and we don't even know what's in there.

We start walking and I watch Raven change her identity to the same blonde girl as usual. She pulls her hood up over her head and pulls out her sword. Josiah takes out his machete and chops down the brush covering our path. We make it to a small clearing and we stop in our tracks. Josiah lifts his hand up and swipes it to the left and I hear Raven just as shocked as me gasp as a magical burier vanishes and all that's seen is a small brown cabin.

"How the hell did you do that?" Raven asks

"We need to talk." Josiah replies and we all walk inside. He turns around and swipes his hand to the left again and the burier closes as we walk inside.

**

I put my bag down and turn on the lights. Taking off my hood I transform back to my natural self then turn to face my brother.

"Explain." I say and he nods. Eric, Josiah, and I take a seat and all attention is on Josiah.

"Ok so like you having your gift to turn into anyone at all I have the gift to put force fields up and make things vanish. As you know Eric is your handler which means he has gifts too correct?" Josiah asks. I look over at Eric and he nods.

"Anyways, how we have these gifts I do not know. The only thing I can think of that would give us this power would be moms death." He says

"What do you mean?" I ask confused.

"Ok, you know she died of a demon attack correct?" He asks

"Yes she was by the waterfall me and you were hunting with her but had gone separate ways......."