Chapter 6:

I hear him fall and then I land right on top of Eric as I fall through the portal. I groan and roll off of him and he moans.

"Thanks for taking the fall and me." I say and he holds up his thumb coughing as he sits up some.

"Where are we?" I ask helping him up.

"I have no idea." He says.

"Great." I mumble pulling out a disk and opening it to a map.

"Oh perfect Eric you landed us farther into the god damned dark forest!" I exclaim

"You know what? You would've died there if I hadn't-"

"I'm gonna die here too. And I mean I might as well it's not like Josiah made it out of that. I have no reason to live." I say putting the map up.

"You're brother is one of the greatest fighters I've met Raven if he can teach you how to fight like that it proves he's got more in him for sure. He'll make it out of it."

"Whatever." I say changing my appearance to the blonde girl.

"How do you change you're appearance?" He asks and I shrug.

"I was born with the ability." I say with another shrug.

"That's crazy." He says and I nod

"Yeah well..." I say pushing my blonde hair behind my back.

"Why do you do it? Transform into someone else?" He asks

"I change my appearance to keep me safer. If they don't know my appearance they won't be able to catch me as easily." I say changing into him.

"Haha so funny change back." He says and I nod changing back to my natural self.

"So this is what you really look like right?" He asks

"Yes." I say. A rustle sounds and I yank out my gun and click off the safety spinning to the sound. Another rustle sounds and I hear Eric click on his gun. Something sounds above us and I gasp as something falls from the trees and lands only so many feet in front of me.

"Eric." I say quietly and feel him move towards me. His back touches mine and I take the flashlight from him and shine it on what fell. A scream catches in my throat as I see the bones littering the ground. More bones fall from above and I gasp shoving back against Eric.

"Where the hell are we?" I ask as more bones fall.

"It's like a junk yard." He says and I turn the flashlight back on and look around shocked to see graves as well.

"Eric, we are standing in the middle of a graveyard." I say as more bones fall.

"Someone will be here to burry the bones then." He says and huge thumps start to sound. Then a terrifying screech fills the air. I instantly take on the blonde appearance and yank a hood over my head.

"Not someone, something. Run!" I yell and we start to sprint away. More screeches fill the air and I have to cover my ears to stop from falling in pain. Screeches and howls fill the air and I scream as something drops in front of us in a squat. It looks up and I jump backwards. The banshee smiles, it's white teeth slippery and bright red now in blood. It opens it mouth and a terrible screech fills the air my ears ring and I fall to the ground sobbing as I see blood slide out onto the ground in front of me where my flashlight is lighting. I rock back and forth on the ground feeling completely immobile.

The banshee stops screeching but I'm too numb to move. Cold boney fingers touch my skin and I instantly feel drained. I'm flipped over and every muscle in my body aches from the pain. The banshee's white face and yellow eyes appear above me and she smiles down at me.

"Such a shame. You're such a pretty thing." She hisses and I choke as her fist wraps around my throat.

"Now show me your true identity." She hisses and I claw at her hands trying to get air but none comes. I feel the blonde appearance slip but I hold onto it with all of my strength. As she shoves me repeatedly into a tree.

"You're a fighter aren't you?" She hisses as she squeezes her hands around my neck even tighter. I grab my sword and grip it watching it change appearances to invisibility so she can't see it. Yes I can change the appearance if weapons too but only the color. She looks at my hand but the sword has already gone invisible.

"Yes." I get out the I swing the sword up and cut her head off. It flies to the side and rolls as I fall to the ground weak and gasping for air.

"Eric." I whisper crawling over to him. I place my hand on his chest and feel his heartbeat. I press two fingers against his neck and feel a slight pulse.

A banshees screech: weakens a woman to near death and has her immobile for more then five minutes enough time to kill but for a man? If a banshee is close enough and the screech is heard, the weaker the man the quicker the death. Thank god Eric is strong hearted and minded. Plus strong willed.

"Eric you're going to be ok." I whisper digging out a disk. I fling it and watch a portal open up. I be sure it's sent to a small safe house Josiah had told me about then I gently lay on top of Eric wrapping my arms and legs around him, then I roll throwing all my weight into the portal. I gasp as I land hard on the ground and Eric stays still on top of me. I cough as I gently push him off of me and shut the disk instantly killing the portal. I wrap a bandage around my waist then splash my face with cold water.

The wound is too deep to heal instantly, it'll take time for me to heal.

I roll my shirt back down then turn to look over at Eric. Walking over to him I hook my arms under his armpits and pull him up. I drag him to the bed and after three tries I get him on to the bed and huff.

Placing my hand on his forehead I sigh and walk over to the sink wetting a washcloth and ringing it out. I walk back over to Eric and place it on his forehead then rip off his shirt seeing a huge cut up his side. Grabbing more bandage tape I gently wrap up his side too and put ointment on the wound before covering it. He moans gently and I sigh walking over to the small fridge and getting a bag of ice and holding it to my head.

God I'm exhausted!

"Well it's either the floor or the bed." I say to myself and sigh as I push Eric over to the far side and climb into the bed. I pull the blanket over me and snuggle into the bed. I look over at Eric and hope I fixed him up enough. With a sigh I turn over so my back is to him and slowly fall asleep with Josiah please be ok, being my last thought.

***********************************