Chapter 19:

I blink open my eyes and look around confused at first where I am. Then my door opens and in walks Valerian with a huge grin on her face.

"Good morning!" She exclaims and I see some blood on her chin

"Morning you got a little something-" I say pointing to my cheek.

"Oh sorry! I just got back from hunting for an early breakfast." She says and nod my head.

"Deer blood is delicious!" She exclaims and I laugh awkwardly.

"Anyways there's breakfast for you and then you can be on your way." She says then suddenly a pair of black jeans and a black tummy tank top appear in her hands with black army boots.

"These are for you! Figured you were a dark kinda girl?" She asks

"Yeah haha I am." I say

"Oh great! I hope I got the size right too. See you soon!" She exclaims then in a flash is gone out of my, well her room.

Vampire speed... Ugh!

I pull on the new clothes and pull my hair into a ponytail glad I didn't have to hide my true appearance all night long. Valerian told me that she was the only person or creature who could see through me so I didn't have to worry about my secret getting out to anyone else.

She said some people can sense it and can full you into believing they can see through example the banshee but in all honesty she can't she just gets a feeling and when you're weaker the sense is stronger and they try to make you change.

I yank on the boots then head out of the room smiling as I walk into the kitchen. Alehandre glares at me and I flick him off as I sit down in front of Valerian ok I'm just gonna call her Val from now on! Valerian is a pain to remember!

"Here's eggs and bacon, hope you enjoy." She says with a smile.

"Thanks." I reply and dig right in. I feel Alehandre's eyes on me and I turn to look at him raising an eyebrow.

"How you eat that I do not know it looks disgusting!" He exclaims

"Yeah that's how us humans feel when we see you vampires drinking blood." I reply and he sizzles literally.

"You're such a pain in my ass!" He yells

"Seriously? You've hated me since the first second I got here yet I've done nothing I think you're the pain in MY ass." I spit

"Now now! Can we just stay calm?" Val asks.

"I'm fine with staying calm it's your brother over here who needs a chill pill." I say

"Alehandre say sorry and go hunting or something." She says and he growls but stands up and walks away.

"Why does he seem to hate me so much?" I ask

"Alehandre doesn't like anyone. He's an indecent and independent man who hates seeing fresh faces." She says

"Oh." I mumble

"Hey I know you don't really want any help but I know these woods a lot better then you obviously considering you were an inch from rogue vampire territory. Anyways I'd like to help." She says

"Valerian you belong here, this is your home. I don't wanna drag you with me away from it." I say

"Fine, will you at least let me walk you to a safe half way zone?" She asks

"Yes actually I'd love the company. I had to leave my brother and uh friend behind." I say

"Was he really just a friend?" She asks