Chapter 25:

"You killed me?" I ask and she nods looking anywhere but at me.

"Raven it was just a nightmare you-"

"I turned against everyone. I lost the battle and the battle is wasn't like any others I've ever been in. There was a mirrored image of me and I had to fight her I battled myself and I lost. I lost to the darkness." She says snapping her eyes to me. I see the blackness behind her eyes as she looks at me.

"It was a nightmare." I say

"But what if it's not? What if I fail myself and turn against everyone?" She asks

"You won't." I say

"How do you know? How the hell do you know that I will not lose to myself and head down! How do you know that I won't turn against Josiah and you?" She whispers the last part.

"Because you're strong-"

"Stop it! Stop saying I'm strong! I'm not! I hide behind my facade Eric! I'm not strong enough to fight my own self." She says and I shake my head at her.

"Why aren't you listening?" She asks

"Because I know it's not true. It was a nightmare you're thinking crazy thoughts. You're not gonna turn evil." I say

"I won't be able to fight it." She whispers and I gently grab her chin and turn her head towards me.

"Good thing you will never have to then." I say and her eyes meet mine. I shut my eyes and lean forwards finding her lips with my own. She gently kisses me back and I wrap my left arm around her waist and pull her closer to me. She quickly pulls away and I look at her confused.

"We can't." She says

"Why?" I ask

"You'll only get hurt." She whispers

"No. I won't." I say

"No Eric." She says

"Seriously?" I ask

"I'm a danger to you! I'll hurt you! Besides you just want someone you just wanna be able to kiss someone." She says.

"Really? You think that's why I kissed you? Because I missed being handled by a woman? No Raven that's not it at all. It's obvious there's something between us! I've wanted you since the first day I laid eyes on you and I didn't want you for sex I want you because I need you." I say

"I'll only hurt you."

"I'm willing to face that." I say and she takes a deep breath and nods.

"Ok." She says and I give her a gentle kiss on the forehead.

"We still have plenty of hours till dawn. Let's get back to sleep." I say and she nods. She lays down beside me once again and I lay down on my back. She curls against my side and soon enough she's sound asleep. But not for long....

**

"Get up both of you now, we are under attack." I jerk awake and wake Eric up. We jump out of bed and rush after Valerian with our weapons.

"What do you mean we are under attack!? Who's attacking us!?" I yell as we continue to run.

"The demons that broke through the gate of hell!" She calls as we continue running.

"Where's Josiah!?" I yell

"Close behind us." She replies as we come to a stop. She throws a stick of dynamite at a wall and yells for us to duck. Eric and I drop to the ground.

"We're gonna have to jump." Valerian says and I stand up and look down below.

"A river and a waterfall!? Are you crazy!?" I yell over the rushing water.