10. Adopting

Scott and Mitch have been dating for 7 years know, they have been married for 4 years now. They were best friends ever since they were in primary school. After being friends for 11 years they decided to start dating. They were very happy together and couldn't imagine their lives without each other.

They were ready for a new step in their relationship. They were ready for a child. They wanted to adopted a baby. I didn't matter if it was a boy or a girl, they just wanted to start their family.

They had both a lot of work with Pentatonix and Superfruit but now they had some time off, they just ended their third world tour. Pentatonix was going for a break and Superfruit was not going on a tour for a while so they could focus now on their family.

They went to a couple of orphanages, but every time they were turned down. Always for different reasons, they were to young, they had a job that would take too much time, they were gay. That were the reasons the orphanages told them when they turned them down.

Every time they were devastated after a visit to an orphanage, they started to lose hope. Scott took this harder than Mitch, Scott would cry, every time they would go back home, he went to their bedroom and didn't come out for the rest of the day. He just sat there and cried, he cried himself to sleep. Mitch was so sad and didn't really know how to comfort his husband. He went to their bedroom, he hugged Scott close and just held each other.

Mitch couldn't see Scott like this, he started to search more orphanages online. He send out mails, made phone calls, and made different appointments.

A couple of days later, Scott had to go to the studio to record some things. Mitch took that time to visit orphanages, he went there for a first conversation and so he would know if they would be able to continue with that orphanages. He was turned down again because he was in a gay relationship.

He had one more appointment that day, it was an appointment with a orphanage a couple of minutes outside of the city. He had a talk with the director of the orphanage, after a hour he was back outside and went back home.

When Scott was home, he saw Mitch sitting on the couch with an envelope. He sat down next to his husband, Mitch gave the envelope to Scott. He opened it, he started reading, he started crying and hugged Mitch tight.

They were accepted to become parents, they had to go back the next day to see the kids and to get to know the kids they would love to take home.

They both had tears in their eyes, Scott asked how Mitch did this. Mitch explained that he couldn't see Scott that sad, he wanted to do something for him and then he talked about the phone calls, mails and appointments. Scott was so happy, he cuddled with Mitch and they talked about kids and Scott kept thanking
Mitch.

The next day, Scott was up early he made breakfast and brought it to their bed, he wanted to surprise Mitch, he needed Mitch to know that he loved him and that he was thankful for what he had done.

Mitch woke up and couldn't' stop smiling, they ate breakfast together, they showered and started their journey to the orphanage.

When they arrived they, had a little conversation with the director, they talked about their preference (boys/girls/baby/toddler). Scott and Mitch had talked about this at home and decided that they wanted a baby. They wanted more kids but wanted to start with one.

They were brought to a room with a couple of baby's in, there were 3 boys and 5 girls. They looked at the sleeping baby's and wished they could take all of them home. After a bit of talking an playing with some of the baby's they had decided. They were going to take Amalia home, she was a baby of 4 months old and she was the baby that had been there for the longest time and they felt like they had to save that little girl and bring her to their home.

Mitch was talking to the caretakers about the little girl while Scott standing at her crib. She started crying and Scott immediately picked up the little girl and started calming her down. Mitch looked over at Scott and he fell in love all over again, he fell in love with Scott being a father to their little baby girl.

After 2 hours they were ready to go home, they loaded the car with here stuff and they were on the way home with their knew baby girl.