Chapter 26

Z I O N

I laid down on the couch watching tv. My favorite show was on. Grey Anatomy. Kim was cleaning the kitchen prepare for dinner with my sister venus and her husband. At first I didn't want them to come but I guess having company, I can get my mind off things.

"I'm done with the kitchen and the food is cooking"Kimberly said.

"Okay, clean the bathroom and my room"I said.

"You serious Zion. I'm not a fucking maid"she said throwing down the towel. "Clean it yourself"

"You want me to hit you like I did yesterday. Clean my fucking room and bathroom now!"I yelled.

She sniffle a bit and pick up the towel. "Anything else sweetheart"

" Clean yourself up after. They can be here any minute"I said. Kimberly rolled her eyes and walk up the stairs.

I kept getting flashbacks of when my dad use to beat my mom in front of my face. It was bad but then we got use to it and just let it go. Never told anyone. Our household wasn't always roses and sunshine.

My phone buzz in my lap. I look down seeing a text from venus. She's on her way with her husband and her husband sister. I sigh getting off the couch. I walk up the stairs so I can get dress.

When I walk in the room, Kimberly was just staring at the bed. She had a tear running down her face. "What the hell happened to us?"

"Get dress and stop staring at the bed"I push her out of my way. I went to my closet picking out a white shirt with light jeans and my all white high top converse.

I went to the shower and turn it on. I hop in washing my hair then my body. After my shower, i dried off and did my hygienes. I look at my back seeing the scar from my dad when he whip me for sticking up for my mother. I took in a deep breath and let it out.

Kimberly came in the bathroom looking at my scar and shook her head. She walk out the bathroom going to the room I guess. I put on my outfit then brush my hair a bit.

"Venus is here!"Kimberly yelled. I heard Venus voice then her husband. I look at myself in the mirror telling myself. Today will be a good day.

L A T E R

"So brother, how is work?"Venus ask while drinking her red wine.

"A lot to do as a doctor. And making sure the girls get what they doing cause sometimes they don't know shit"they all laugh. 

"You do good at your job. I mean you save my brother life"Venus husband sister said.

"What's your name?"I ask.

"Star"She smile. "I know it's a  simple name, but I love stars"

"I love stars too"i smiled with her.

"Okay, who's ready for deserts?"Kimberly ask.

"Ohhh, me"Venus said.

The table was loud with laugher and happiness.  Got my mind off zoya for a bit till we heard a knock at the door. 

"Ima get it"I got up from the chair and walk to my door. I open it seeing two police officer.

"Are you Zion Martin?"the police ask.

"Yeah why?"I narrowed my eyebrows. 

"Your being under arrest for the rape of Ms. Zoya......"everything was a blur. With zenus and Kimberly screaming I couldnt hear anything. 

I cant fight back. Cause I did it. But when I get out. Zoya is mine.