Chapter 58

Z O Y A

The day was getting hotter and hotter to me. Or it was just my A.C. not working for me. So Ronnie decided to take me and Zayda out to go shopping.

"Okay what to wear?"I mumble to myself. I pick out a sundress with my flip flops. Something simple. After getting dress, I dress Zayda in a little dress with her bow. She looked so cute.

"Babe you ready yet"Ronnie ask me.

"Did you called me babe?"I ask when I turn around to him.

"I thought you liked it"Ronnie smiled.

"Okay, you think you slick"I laugh. I finish putting on my makeup and grab my things. Ronnie grab Zayda stuff and we walk out the door.

L A T E R

"You happy about the custody?"Ronnie ask me.

"No, I think that Zayda should be watch when she's by his house"

"He won't do anything to her. That's his daughter"Ronnie said.

"He hit me and his ex wife. You don't think he won't hit Zayda one day"I said. 

"No"Ronnie shook his head. "Like I said. A man can't just hit his daughter if he mad"

"You don't understand"I look down.

"Something you want to talk about?"Ronnie ask.

I stared at the wall then turn to him. "I was beatin on when I was 1 through 5"

"Why you never told me this?"

"Cause I was scared. I didn't want to tell you all my secrers"I sigh.

"Well my secret is that, I had a child"

"Had? What happen?"

"She passed away at the age of 9. Was in a car accident"He look down. "Her momma was drinking that night at the wedding and uhhh, was driving on the road"

"Got into a car accident?"

"Nah, the car flip off the bridge and crash into the water"He sniffle. "Every time I look at zayda, she reminds me of my little girl Raquel" he smiled.

"I never saw a father who loved their daughters and sons so much. Only the mothers"

"So In Ethiopia, your people worship the boys more"

"Yeah"I nod my head. "The girls can't have sex with no other boy other then their husband. If you have sex with one or more boys, your dead"

"Damn. So what if the boys have sex with different girls"

"He can marry all them girls"I said.

"Did your father did that?"Ronnie ask.

"No. He only married my mom but thats in a different part of Africa"I said.

"I want to visit Africa. What about you?"

"I dont know"I shook my head no.

"Come on. It will be fun"Ronnie said. I smiled at him then nod my head. It will be great to visit my mother and father.

"Sure"