16.

When I wake up I'm quick to go shower and get dressed. I make Harry's guest bed, fold his tee neatly and make my way to the kitchen. Harry kindly borrowed me a t-shirt of his. Very cliché I know, but I didn't bring anything to sleep in considering I thought I'd be sleeping at home. And the fact that I'm reusing my dirty underwear is bad enough already. I'm happy he didn't make me sleep in my blouse or half naked. Somehow I find sleeping topless uncomfortable. I don't like my shoulders to be bare when I sleep. It makes me too cold somehow. However, although I'm sure it wasn't what Harry had in mind we didn't sleep in the same bed nor did we sleep in the same room, and yet I still feel dirty. I can't shake the thought that this has been incredibly wrong, yet at the same time I can't find it in me to leave. I don't know what's happening to me. It's both scary and exhilarating.

I search the kitchen for food, yet the only thing I find is oats, an expired milk and some fruits. While wondering when Harry last had a home cooked meal and did grocery shopping I pour the milk down the sink. While the oatmeal finishes on the stove, I start chopping up an apple and turn on the kettle. Harry comes into view. He's put his sweatpants back on, and the tee I saw him in last night is hanging from his torso once more. He looks rather exhausted, yet I prefer this attire compared to his work clothes. He looks more relaxed this way, but tired nonetheless.

"How you feeling?"

"Alright," he says flashing me a smile. "Just having a runny nose that's all."

"You look exhausted," I state pouring the grounded coffee into the French press. I'm surprised he even has one, but he must have bought one for his home too after I told him how I make coffee.

"Im fine. Now what are you making?"

"Sorry, but you barely had any food. The only thing I could come up with was oatmeal," I say motioning to the stove.

"Don't worry about it, it smells nice."

"I added cinnamon," I say stating the obvious. The smell is rather prominent. "So are you planning on going to work today? Your head isn't hurting? You said your nose is running. Are you alright?"

Harry grabs the boiling water and pours it into the French press. "As much as I loved the working arrangements from yesterday, I think I'll have to get into the office today. I'm feeling much better than I did yesterday thanks to you."

"Glad I could be of service," I say turning off the stove, and as I'm about to search for bowls Harry beats me to it as if reading my mind.

"You're a life saviour," he says, and my heart skips a beat. "I mean it, I don't know what I'd do without you. It really means a lot to have you here. And I appreciate everything you do for me."

I send him a smile as I arrange the food into the bowls. I don't know how to reply to his words.

"You know I bought that because of you," he says pointing at the French press. Is he psychic?

"Figured it's the best way to make coffee?"

"Exactly," he says smiling as I finish up chopping the apple. "How did you sleep?" He asks changing the topic, and for a brief moment my voice gets lost in my throat.

"Good," I say unsure of how to reply. I couldn't fall asleep. Too many butterflies were dancing around inside my stomach and my heart was beating at an abnormal speed. I couldn't stop thinking of Harry and I and everything that could be if he wasn't with Kaia.

"This is great coffee," he states as he takes his first sip around the kitchen table.

"Is that supposed to be a compliment?"

"Definitely. You see, if I use the same coffee and the same method as you, somehow it tastes different," he says with a smile.

"You sure you're adding enough coffee?" I ask, and he shrugs.