26.

I stir the eggs in a bowl and add chopped tomatoes before pouring it onto the hot pan. I hear footsteps from behind me. "Smells good," Maddie says and jumps up on the kitchen bench.

"Thanks. Sleep well?"

"Yes, how 'bout you? Seems like you had a lot going on in your mind last night."

"Took me some time to fall asleep. Seeing Sam surely didn't do me any good, and neither did seeing Hugh."

"Hugh, as in Adam's friend?"

"The one and only," I sigh.

"What ever happened between you two? You seemed to be quite interested when we went to Argyle back in January for Adam's birthday."

I huff. "Total douche, I tell you. Remember we went to the toilet, once I got back he was making out with another girl. Apparently, he only wanted to hook up with someone. Seems like that was all he wanted last night too."

"I'm sorry," she says.

"I'll never find a decent guy. Or actually I just did, but he wasn't the one for me. Why is it we always fall for the wrong person?"

"Because if we always saw eye to eye with someone we would get bored. We need some resistance otherwise what's the point? We need to be challenged and we need to work for it in order to grow. If it comes easy, we don't appreciate it as much."

"But it shouldn't be like that," I say adding salt and pepper to the eggs.

"You'll find someone who's right for you eventually. I know it. And just so you know, there's nothing wrong with being single."

I send her a smile. "I sure am done with guys for now."

"Just tell me one thing, this Harry was he good in bed?" She chuckles, and I roll my eyes.

"You're unbelievable."

"This is exciting. You've been screwing someone for months and you haven't told me. He better be good if he got you to open up like that."

"Please don't call it that." She's making it sound like it was only sex between us. Sure, Harry and I did have sex, but I'd like to believe that it was more than that.

"You really did love him didn't you?" She asks rhetorically. I nod and she jumps down on the floor and places a hand on my back. "I'm sorry, Lee," she says, and I send her a smile and grab two plates.

"Thanks. It's my own fault. I knew he was taken when it began, I should never have gotten through with any of it. Sleeping with him was wrong."

"I know that, and you know that. That doesn't mean we are bad people for acting irrationally."

"Right," I say hearing her loud and clear. That doesn't mean I couldn't have spared myself from the pain though.

"Now, just out of curiosity. You don't by chance have a picture of him do you?" She is so curious, but so would I if the roles had been reversed, and therefore I don't blame her.

"Grab the bread from the toaster will you. I'll find my MacBook and I'll show you while we eat," I say wanting to scold myself for keeping pictures of Harry. I still have all the pictures from his parents' anniversary, and I still have the pictures from our trip to LA. And then there's all the pictures from in between. Stupid selfies and pictures of Harry I caught with my phone when he wasn't looking. I find the folder and let her scroll through the pictures.

"He is so fit!" She exclaims and raises her eyebrows at me. "No wonder he was able to get into your panties," she says, and I roll my eyes once more. Why does she have to choose those words? Then again, the fact that she is taking this so lightly does make me feel slightly better. But boy do I miss him. "God, girl, why did you let this one go?"