The start of a friendship

(Matt's POV)
Weeks have passed since I almost kissed Amber that night. I  wanted to know how it would feel to have her soft, delicate lips on mine, but right as I was about to lean down to kiss her, I realized that it was wrong, she has a boyfriend and I have a girlfriend, and we couldn't kiss, and I didnt even know if she would kiss me back. But I continued on being just her friend, not having another moment, since that night, but I excepted that it probably wouldn't happen again, so I just continued on dating Amanda. Right now I was waiting outside her house, waiting on her to get ready so we could go to school. She come out of her house a few minutes later. Texting someone on her phone, she opens the door to my truck and gets in, continuing to text on her phone, I look over to see who she's texting, but when she notices I'm looking. She turns her phone off. I just ignore it, and start driving.
We get to school, and I walk around to Amanda's side of the truck, and open the door, when she gets down from the truck, she walks off without saying a word. I turn towards the truck and grab my backpack before shutting the door, and turning around, I look towards the school entrance to see Amber staring at me with a sad expression on her face. Once she sees me looking, she turns around and walks to catch up with Amanda. I frown a little before walking off towards the school building.
Lunch is the first time I see Amber after this morning, i had walked out of the cafeteria to get some fresh air, and I had just headed back inside when I see her at her locker. The door shuts behind me, and I realize that its just me and her in the hallway, because everyone is still at lunch. She turns at the sound of the door shutting, and once she sees that its me, she grabs her text book, and shuts her locker door, and turns and walks away. I'm hurt at the action, and consider walking after her, but before I can Amanda walks through the doors, and sees me. "Hey we need to talk" she says looking up at me, I look back in the direction that Amber went before, turning to Amanda "okay, then talk" I say looking into her brown eyes "This isn't working for me" she says gesturing with her hands that shes referring to us. Once I finally process her words, I'm surprised to find myself, sad about her breaking up with me, then I realized that I actually liked her, "why not" I ask, with a frown "because i can tell that you have feelings for someone else" she says looking at the direction that Amber just walked, before walking off. I sit there in the hallway, thinking about her words, before turning around and leaving, angry that she thinks I have feelings for Amber. I'm just in the courtyard when the bell signialing the end of lunch rings. I head off to math, not being able to shake the feeling that maybe Amanda was right.
Later that day I walk into science, with Amanda, we were joking about how funny it would be for the teachers to play dodgeball, against the students. I thought it would be awkward after we broke up, but we went right to being friends. We walk over to the table to put our backpacks up, and I look over to see Amber laughing at a joke that Sam told her. I immediately get jealous about how she talks to him in public but not me, Amanda realizes that I'm staring, so she leans in and whispers "calm down lover boy. he's not her type", I look over at her to find her smiling at me, before looking over at my shoulder. I turn to see Amber looking at us with an angry expression on her face. She turns around when she sees that we're looking. And that's when the substitute came in and told us all to sit down.
All through the class, Amber flirts with Sam. She feels his muscles, and smiles at him sweetly, and laughs at all his jokes, I start gripping my pencil really hard, before there's a loud crack. I realized I snapped it in half, when everybody in the class is staring at me, I look around and see Amber looking at me about to laugh, then I realize what a joke she must think I am. I get up and push my chair back before, grabbing my backpack and throwing my pencil away, and walking out of the class, I'm still mad by the time I get to my truck and slam the door shut. I drive off in a hurry before heading over to the local diner. When I get there I take a corner booth, and a young blonde waitress comes to take my order, I look over the menu before deciding on a burger and a strawberry milkshake. When my food comes, I start eating it before my phone starts ringing, I look over to see Amanda's face appear on the screen. I pick up the call "hey, where are you" Amanda says from the other end "At Mick's" I say taking a drink from my milkshake "okay, I'm coming there, so don't leave, okay" she says before hanging up.
She arrives 20 minutes later, and slides into the seat in front of me "listen you can't just run off in the middle of class" she says, taking one of my fries and putting it into her mouth. "I know" I say sighing, she gives me a sad look, then shrugs, the door chimes and we both turn to see Amber walk in. She turns her head in our direction, before our eyes meet, she looks between me and Amanda before turning around and walking out of the diner.