Chapter 9: The Bet

North P.O.V:

It's been exactly 45 minutes since we got here. We, as in Me and Tooth, decided to try to solve the problem between Jack and Skyler. I never seen someone so mad at Jack before. I wonder what he did to her.

"Well now that we had some time to know each other, we came here for business. Would you three consider to become a guardian?" I started of.

I saw the expressions on the girls expressions.

"I'm in..." I heard Ali join in.

"Me too..." I heard Wendy stand up from the swings and walk up next to Ali. All was left to Skyler.

"What do you say?" Jack and Tooth both said hoping for the 'right' answer.

"Before I accept, or even if I don't, What exactly will we do? You know, besides protecting children?" Skyler jumped down and landed on her feet.

"You will get to harvest a special power and use it." Bunnymund blurted out to the rest of us.

"Tooth is the Toothfairy, Sandy is the Sandman who brings happy dreams to everyone, Bunny is the Easter Bunny, I'm known as 'Santa' here, and Jack brings winter." I smiled.

"Well that is good, for you, I mean, what do we have that made us become 'guardians'" Skyler crossed her arms. This girl knows how to question people and made sure she knows what was happening.

"That, we don't know. But we can work together to find that out." Tooth sighed.

"Fine." Skyler stood next to Ali.

"Does that mean that-" Jack started his sentence until Skyler finished it for him.

"I will join. If my best friends are doing it, I feel like I should too." Skyler smiled.

Ali P.O.V:

Skyler stood next to me on my right.

"This doesn't feel right..." I thought.

"What do you mean? Are you changing your mind?!?" Tooth sighed.

"No not the guardian thing! Wendy switch spots with me!" I asked her.

I could tell the guardians were confused. Me and Wendy switched spots. Now the order was; Ali,Skyler,and Wendy. From right to left.

"Umm... Okay?" I heard Jack say. "How is this important?"

"We are always like this." Skyler and Wendy answered at the same time.

"Okay. Now, we all have to go to the pole. We can all rest there and then we can discuss how to find your true potential." North put a hand on Jack's shoulder.

"Can we all fit in the sleigh?" Bunnymund asked.

"I'm pretty sure we can." North replied.

"You guys can go ahead on the sleigh. I'll meet you there." Skyler protested. "I have to do something".

"I'll go with Skyler. I don't want one of my besties to be alone" Wendy stepped next to Sky.

"Ahem?!? Now I'm alone..." I blurted out. "We really need to get one more person to even things out."

"The three of us will meet you up there." Skyler suggested.

"You don't even know where the place is" Jack interrupted.

"I think I do remember." She glared at Jack.

Skyler P.O.V:

"I think I do remember." I gave Jack a glare as I did so.

"We'll race you" I looked at Jack with a smirk. "If your not afraid, of course." I added.

"IT'S ON! NO ONE BEATS THE GUARDIAN OF FUN!!!" Jack laughed. "I'll fly. You three won't stand a chance!"

"How much do you want to bet on it?" Me and Ali said at once. We are very competitive. Ali is the most.

"Hmm... If you win, I have to whatever you say." He answered.
"If I win, you have to tell me why you hate me so much."

"Hmm... Deal!" I shook his hand. I just realized this race is between me and Jack. Great. More friendly bonding. I hate it!

"READY, SET , GO!" He said it so fast I couldn't understand. He flew up and I flew after him, but at a faster speed.

I noticed Wendy used her spells and made a broom pop out of no where. She began to sore in the air.

Ali, on the other hand, got on the sleigh and was standing on the edge.

"AREN'T YOU AFRAID OF FALLING!?!?" Bunny was scared. Before he could finish, Ali jumped off and started to fly.

"Duck!" I heard Jack scream. He was about 5 feet away from me. I saw the duck, well actually it was a goose ((A/N: In reality, I actually confused geese with ducks. Idk why but when ever I did, Ali/ @alexa_lovesfood , would tell me I'm BAKA. Which I am)) , And ducked. I pretended to get hit and started 'Falling' out of the Sky.

"SKYLER!!" I heard Jack swoosh down. I saw Ali and Wendy laugh because they knew how much of a trickster or how much I like scaring people.

He caught me and I opened my eyes. "YOU SCARED ME!" He hugged me. Great. Why did he hug me?!? I wanted to pull apart as quickly as I could. I felt him pull apart and I sighed from the relief.

"Jack?" I acted like I was in pain.

"Yeah? What do you need?" He asked concerned.

"Promise me you won't get mad..." I touched my head and pretended that it hurt.

"I won't. What is it?" He was getting a bit worried.

"THAT I'M GOING TO BEAT YOU!" I pushed him off of me and flew away at maximum speed. All I heard him shout was,"CHEATER!"

"SAYS THE ONE WHO HAD A HEAD START!" I shouted back. I remembered when we used to always do this back then.

-----------------------------

A/N: HELLUR! I'm sorry if this chapter is too short or too long. How did you like it? Was it boring? I don't know. COMMENTS AND VOTES WILL BE HELPFUL! Who do you think is going to win? Jack or Skyler? Do you want to know why she's mad? GUESS AWAY! I'll start writing the next chapter!