Chapter 7: Going Undercover

Azure P.O.V

The town was in a ruckus and a crowd had gathered at the border of the town at the entrance to the Forbidden Forest, I went to check it out. To my utter amazement I saw Eterna who appeared to be gravely injured being treated by both Dr.Loffy and Sir Simon. Everyone appeared worried if she would even wake up, until she finally opened her eyes.

"ETERNA!! Are you alright? What happened, who did this to you?" Eterna smiled reassuring her girlfriend she was alright. She raised herself into a seating position with the help of Dr.Loffy and Simon.

"I'm fine Loffy, but as for who did this... it was Encre." Everyone looked in shock even I was surprised.

"But how Encre is too..." It was clear Dr.Loffy was avoiding to say the word...

"Weak? I thought so too but it's clear that he was hiding his true abilities probably not to draw attention. I mean it's not everyday you meet a mortal like us who can use as much magic as he can. But I can tell he's still mortal, so he must have been born with it." Everyone was shocked to hear the word magic and Encre's name in the same phrase. Why didn't Encre tell me? Then again I don't blame him he probably was afraid of being treated more of an outcast than he already was. "Despite what he did to me. I felt his pain and resolve, he was just saving the young vampire I was trying to kill. I can't but admire that he was able to even beat me. It was sure something though, he can teleport, as well sort of fly to some extent. Though his most surprising ability was his power to make whatever he painted real, that's how I got the these injuries he just smeared red paint on me with this giant paintbrush that somehow appeared in his hand. The red paint just suddenly turned into my own blood. He then restrained me by painting some chains, that bastard Fallacy and some other powerful looking vampires and I believe a servant arrived. Encre seemed to heal the young vampire then came back to me giving me the scar on my eye as a reminder to never hurt his so called family again. It's laughable really he totally got me, dare I say he's almost as powerful as that bastard Fallacy." I was shocked, everyone was shocked, hearing Eterna giving this much respect towards someone else especially one who had allied himself to vampires. "At first it was just Fallacy I had to worry about even the Vampire's Council combined couldn't compare to his power. But now knowing about Encre for the first time in my life I don't want to go provoke those creatures, I need to speak with the king after I heal. I can't believe I'm saying this but I might even consider an alliance if it means avoiding a fight with those two."

Everyone was flabbergasted, no one would ever expect Eterna to ever even think about having an alliance with vampires. This revelation actually gave me hope for the future. I had to go tell Rufus.

After I told Rufus I went back home to my surprise I see a letter on my table next to my window which I had left open. I opened the letter to my surprise it was from Encre, I read:

Dear Azure,

It's been I while but I was wondering if you could come to the castle tomorrow. Fallacy has a task that he'd like you to help him out with that might help us find a way to form an alliance with UnderVeil. We'd also like to know any information about what happened with Eterna on the incident that happened earlier on today. I'll explain all the details once I see you tomorrow, apologies in advance for not telling you I'm pretty sure that there were reasons why I kept some things secret from you. Also if you can, could you bring Rufus, knowing you you probably told everything about me to him already since he shares our ambitions. You can arrive at whatever time suits you best as long as it's not earlier than 10:00 a.m and not later than 8:00 p.m, we'll be waiting for your arrival.

Can't wait to see you,

Your Friend,

Encre