Chapter 10: A New Friend an Ally in the Surface Kingdom

No one P.O.V

The Forbidden Forest was well known to be the largest spanning more than 50,000,000 acres (202,342 km squared) of land and next to this forest were to neighboring kingdoms about 100-500 km apart from each other (about a 10 hours by carriage). The kingdom of UnderVeil home to many species of mortal monsters, 50,000 inhabitants total, spanning about 150,000 acres (607 km squared) and The Surface Kingdom home to 5,000,000 human mortals and only 3 mages; the royal sorcerer, the royal sorcerer's son (wife is not magical), and a mysterious clairvoyant, elemental, healer mage (the mage is female and I told they were rare but the few that exist are well known) spanning 1,500,000 acres (6,070 km squared) 10x larger than the kingdom of UnderVeil. This is where Fibi, the young mortal human maid, was originally from until her parents were murdered by bandits (this happeneds often) while they were riding a carriage (a cheap one) at the age of 6, she was saved by Fallacy before the bandits could finish her off too, 8 years ago. Since then she lived as one of Fallacy's maid as he took her in since he knew she had no one else that could. Though little did she know she would be visiting her home kingdom soon.

Fibi P.O.V

I was in the Master's private teaching room or study, for Jasper, cleaning when I heard someone knock on the already open door. I turned to see Sauve standing by the door.

"Oh Mr. Sauve I was just cleaning the study as you ordered, is there something more urgent you need me for?" I asked politely

"Yes Lord Fallacy asks of you to meet him in his office." I nod and rush past him and head to the Master's office. As I arrive I knock on the door then calmly wait for an answer.

"You may enter." I open the door, walked in and bowed.

"You summoned me Lord Fallacy?"

" Ah Fibi. Yes, I need you to go to the Surface kingdom to retrieve some items that ran out of stock of and unfortunately can only be found there, and you're the only person that can go for obvious reasons. The demon horse carriage is waiting for you outside they will take you to the edge of the forest entrance to the kingdom in just an hour. Here is the money you'll need and the bell you must ring that will call back the carriage once you are done." I nodded, as he gave me the money, understanding what I needed to do, I bowed and headed to the carriage.

The ride was fairly calm, with the occasional bumps on the road. As I felt the carriage stop, the carriage arrived to the border. I got off and the carriage soon disappeared into the darkness. I headed into the main village the streets were crowded with people. Living with monsters for the majority of my life now, it's strange to be around only humans. I began to go to various stores asking for directions to find the items Lord Fallacy asked for. After various stores I had only one thing left on the list, elemental flowers. I assume it's for Sir Encre, it seems you can only purchase these flowers at the clairvoyant's home which is also where she sets shop. Based on what I could gather there was only 3 magic users (you know who they are) but the clairvoyant was unique as she was also known as the most mysterious and beautiful person, although no one dared to try to make a move on her since is also known to be quite terrifying at times well except one, in the main village. All anyone knew about her was that her father was a hunter and merchant who was killed by a herd of wolves and her mother was the clairvoyant, elemental, healer mage/sorceress/wizard of the main village before she died of an illness two years after her father, causing her daughter who was born with the same abilities to take her place! On my way there I bumped into someone causing me to fall to the ground.

"Oh my I am so sorry! Are you okay?" I looked up to see a beautiful young woman gesturing her hand towards me to help me up.

"It's alright I wasn't looking where I was going." As she helped me up I looked more clearly at her.