CHAPTER - 24 THE CORRUPT

Back at the base, Ian was admitted in the care center. He remained unconscious, and was on glucose and oxygen. Outside his room, the heroes, Elizabeth and Crawford stood talking.

"Thank the Gods, there were no aura cores there," said Aphrodi. He looked at Ian, through the glass of the door; bandages all over him, his eyes closed and his mouth covered with an oxygen mask.

"Ian's condition is regrettable," he said. His voice had a really deep concern, and the same could be seen in his eyes.

"I still think, it should have been me fighting Israr," shouted Kenneth desperately.

"You had no chance against him, Kenneth," declared Dharam.

"Too much coming out from someone who just stood watching, huh" said Kenneth ridiculed.

"Hey, he wasn't simply standing alright, he was stuck in that seal, alright" cleared Veer.

"Couldn't you guys jump out like we did . . . you guys are weak and pathetic," Kenneth said.

"Let us not fight amongst us, and let us just pray," suggested Aphrodi.

"Keep your Gods to yourself, will you," shouted Kenneth.

"What, how dare you??" shouted back Aphrodi.

"Stop it guys" shouted Asuka, and Prem coming in between them. There were angry glares from Aphrodi, Kenneth, Dharam and Veer for sometime, after which, they decided to calm things over.

"But I'm still confused," began Sonia, "so Ian had double personality," she said, and looked at Elizabeth, who sat completely silent.

The truth seemed to have come and strike Aphrodi, and he said to Elizabeth,

"You knew about Ian's dual personality right chief!!"

She looked at the heroes, looking at all of them randomly. Looking at their interrogative eyes. Finally she spoke up,

"Yes, I knew."

"WHAT?" shouted Sonia, "how could you do this, you exploited an innocent boy just to make your team strong, how could you chief??"

"I had to do it, I had to exploit Ian so that I could save billions of other lives," she quarreled back.

Sonia was at the verge was saying something ghastly, but controlled herself out of respect. There was silence for a while. All eyes glaring at Elizabeth, making judgments out of her.

"How'd he attain that double personality anyway?" asked Asuka, taking a step to change the atmosphere around.

Owing to Elizabeth's silence, Crawford walked ahead to take charge. Clearing his throat he began to explain,

"Ian was a very innocent and timid boy from his early childhood. He had an elder brother who always teased, tortured and troubled him, but Ian always hid his anger inside, and it kept collecting and finally turned into another personality. . . That's pretty much the whole story in brief"

"Aunt how could you do that??" asked Asuka angrily, "and Chief Crawford how could you support her for it??"

"Forget it Asuka," demanded Dharam, "we'll never be able to understand her, and she even got Chief Crawford involved in it."