~ F I V E ~

The door busted open and the crazy plastic girls came running in. I quickly pushed Lane and ran throughout the store. They guys were running after me. Everyone that was in the store was trying to help me get away from those freaks.

"Thank you people of the ladies store, um yeah don't now what it's called. THANKS!" I yelled and ran out of the store.

We ran for a bit until we were a ways away from them. I walked over to check on Lane again. She was smiling brightly at me. I chuckled and kissed her head.

"That's my little princess." I said making her smile.

We walked into the store for my clothes. I picked out a few things and we were on our way to the baby store. When I walked out of the store I almost ran into someone. Well a girl. I quickly apologized and went to make sure they were ok. I pulled Lane with me.

"Are you ok? I am so sorry I didn't see you there because of the stroller." I said.

She looked up at me with a smirk. Dammit Alex.

"Really. 2 days in a row we meet up. You keep surprising me every time. Take care." She said smirking.

The guys were standing there shocked. I gave them a glare to drop it.

"No sir. I am not dropping this. This is your second time meeting up with her? Really? Why are we just now figuring this out?" Jake asked.

"I'll tell you just lets go."

I walked off to whatever the fuck this baby store was called. Many parents were here shopping for either a soon to be or an already here baby. It was either both parents or just the mom no just dads, well until now. I mean sure many men aren't mature enough to take on a kid but you learn and you go with it.

I definitely wasn't ready for a kid. Hell I am still in high school. But this little girl has made me grow up so much fast and really made me realize that I was kind of an immature moron. And it also made me realize that I was being a huge ass dick to all of these girls. So I quit. I haven't had sex since I found out about Lane, and I plan on not having it until I am in a serious relationship.

I went around the store picking up everything I thought she would look cute in. By the end both of the guys had arms full of clothes. I chuckled and went to the check out. My most favorite outfit they had was all pink. It was long sleeve and had leggings with a pink flowy tutu. On the front of the shirt there was writing that said 'Daddy's little princess'.

When everything was paid for we left the store. We wondered around for a while until Lane got fussy. I stopped and went to check on her. She was wiggling in her seat. Great, diaper.

"Alright I have to go change her just wait for me here."

I made my way to the men's bathroom. Many of the men's bathrooms don't have changing stations. Like what the hell, babies can't be born without the man. Luckily this bathroom had one. I pulled it down and wiped it with a wet wipe. I placed the pad on there and then put Lane down.

I quickly changed her. After she giggled and smiled at me. I held her in my arm and pushed the stroller with one hand. Max grabbed the stroller from me and began pushing it. I don't really know why, but he loves pushing around the empty stroller. He won't touch it if there is a kid in it but if it's empty...

We walked to the food court and decided to get something to eat. I got a sub but they both decided to get pizza. I held Lane in my lap while eating. Halfway through my sub she began to cry. I sighed and grabbed a bottle and held it in front of her. She stopped crying only letting out a little whimper.

"Here you go princess." I said placing the bottle to her lips.

She began to drink peacefully. I went to eat again but found that doesn't really work with one hand. I decided to wait until she was done. The guys looked up a me shocked. I was super confused. Well that was until I felt 2 hands placed on my shoulders. I went to turn around but they began to rub my tense shoulders.

"She always picks the worst time to eat." She laughed.

"Yup." I said calmly.

Somehow her rubbing my shoulders is making me really relaxed. Like she should really take up doing massages for a living. I felt her chin rest on top of my head. Her hands kept rubbing my shoulders.

"You know, Axel I thought you were this stuck up douche who sleeps with anything that has a vagina. But you have proved to me that you are just the opposite. Well at times." She said.

"Is that so Alex?" I asked.

"Yeah. Plus I can tell when a guy hasn't been laid in a while. Your shoulders are extremely tense. Probably the most tense I have felt and that is saying a lot because I rub my father's shoulders all the time. I mean this whole having a kid thing is really tough isn't it?"

"Yeah but it's worth it. To see her beautiful smile every day. To watch her eyes light up when she sees something she likes. Or when she giggles and makes the whole room adore her. In the end I feel like all of the struggle you go through, it is all worth it. If she hadn't have been here I couldn't even imagine myself being where I am right now. With having her she has matured me beyond what I had thought I could mature to. She has taught me that I was a dick to all of those girls who I had sleep with before. This whole experience has shown me what I am suppose to be." I said.

"And what is that exactly Axel?"

"I am suppose to be the one that is there for her. I am suppose to be there to get her out of danger. I am suppose to be the one that tells her what is right or wrong. I am suppose to be the one she feels she can tell everything to. I am suppose to be the one that has the shoulder engraved with her name on it for when she cries. I am suppose to be there for her through everything else. If that means that I am not who I was. If that means no drinking, parties or sex, than so be it. I would give everything up for this little girl right here. Because she means the world to me." I said.

Everyone in the room began to clap. I was brought out of whatever trance I was just in and looked around the room. Everyone was looking at us clapping. Alex was looking at me with a proud look.

"You should stop by my house tomorrow for dinner. I'll text you the info." She said.

I just nodded not knowing what to say. She leaned down and kissed my cheek. Then she kissed Lane's forehead. She waved goodbye and then left. I looked at the guys. They were both looking at me with shocked looks.

"Damn! I didn't know you had that kind of shit in you Axel!" Jake said.

"Wait so please inform us what happened between you two." Max said.

"Her father is my dad's boss."

"Peters!" Max yelled.

"Yeah. Well they invited my family to dinner yesterday which I was forced to go to. But I brought Lane along and she was impressed. Her family was impressed and I don't really know. That was it."

"So she is Alex Peter?" Max asked.

"Yeah. He already said that." Jake said.

"Holy shit!"