~ E L E V E N ~

The guys and I stayed up in my room until we were called down for dinner. Once we got there every single girl stared at us. They had made sure to leave an open seat next to them. I just walked over to my mom and sat next to her. I told the guys to sit next to me. I hated this part of the night.

It's usually when everyone asks me how it's going with Lane and all. I looked across the table and saw the main person I was trying to avoid. Alex. I let out a groan and just stared at Lane the whole meal. I could feel her stare on me. Everyone began to put food on their plates. I placed some on mine and began to eat. Half way through the meal Lane began to fuss.

"What's wrong princess?" I asked her holding her little hand.

She began to fuss a little bit more. She was probably just hungry. I excused myself from the table to go make her a bottle. I held her on my side and grabbed the stuff from the cupboard. Lane was getting more fussy. I hate when she gets like this. When you can't get her what she wants fast enough then she has a hissy fit.

I mixed it together and put it in her bottle. I put it in the microwave for a couple seconds and took it out. I tested it on my wrist and then brought it up to her mouth. She gladly took the bottle and began to drink. I chuckled as she got a calmed look on her face.

"So. Why have you been ignoring me?" Someone asked behind me.

I turned around to find that it was Alex. Just fucking great.

"I haven't"

"Is that so? So whenever I see you run away from me in the halls... its just a coincidence that you had to go the other way so quickly?" She asked.

"Classes are important you know." I said with a smirk.

She rolled her eyes at me and stood there popping out her hip. Lane had stopped drinking making me confused. I looked down only to see her fast asleep. I chuckled and took the bottle from her mouth. She snuggled into my chest. Then I heard a throat cleared.

"What do you want me to say Alex?" I asked.

"I just wanna know why all the sudden you avoid me like the plague."

"It's difficult to explain."

"Or is it that you just don't want to?" She asked with a hard look.

"You know what Alex. I don't have to explain anything to you. You know absolute shit about me so don't go around making some assumptions that I'm that bad guy here." I said glaring at her.

I left the kitchen and went back to the table. My mother looked at me to make sure everything was ok. She smiled when she saw that Lane was peacefully sleeping in my arms. I began to eat again even though many were done. I felt everyone's eyes on me as I ate. It was really weird.

"You know what... I'm gonna finish this up in my room." I said awkwardly staring at the girls.

"Oh. Alright honey... You boys have fun." My mom said.

I gave her a nod and stood up. I picked up my plate and headed up to my room the guys following me behind. I put the plate on my desk and handed Lane to Max. He stared down at her cute little frame. I began to eat my food. Once I was done I got up and plopped down on my bed. I reached my hands out towards Max silently telling him to give me my little princess. He chuckled and handed her over to me and then sat next to me on the bed.

I said Lane on my lap and held her against my chest. I looked over at the guys only to find them smirking.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothin'......" Max said.

"Come on guys.......... What?"

"You are just such a good dad to her. God only knows where this little girl would be without you." Jake said.

I gave him a smile and then looked down at my princess. She was looking up at me with her big beautiful eyes. Her mouth creased up into a little smile. I smiled down at her and kissed her forehead. She giggled and started blabing again.

We sat in my room for a long time. Our main goal was to wait until all the girls were gone or at least most of them. Every once in a while one of us would peek our head downstairs to see how many were left. And let me tell you, every single time we looked it was still packed full of girls. Just at the thought of the girls downstairs gave me the chills. p

It was nearing 9 o'clock when we heard some people leaving. I decided that it was finally time for us to go back downstairs. Turns out that was a terrible idea. Instead of people leaving, more people came. Including their daughters. Cue dramatic sigh from every single one of us.

It was practically every girl from my school. And once one of them saw me and the guys the freaked and ran over. You would swear people thought I was some Hollywood star. The guys formed a baracade around me. I just walked around them carrying my little princess in my arms. She giggled when she saw everyone in the room with shocked faces. I smiled down at her. She reached up and grabbed my chin.

"Da-da!" She yelled happily.

I couldn't feel anything but joy. Everyone in the room 'awwe'd at her. I walked over to the couch and held her in my arms. The guys sat on either side of me. It felt as if all of the girls migrated over to me. I just rolled my eyes.

We were talking about random crap when someone inturupted us. I groaned and looked up. Of course. Alex. I let out a sigh.

"Could I talk to you?" She asked.

"I don't want to hear anything you say Alex." I said.

Granted it probably wasn't the nicest or fairest thing to do..... but..................

"Come on Axel just listen to what I have to say." She pleaded.

I sighed and got up. I kept Lane in my arms. Alex pulled me outside to the back patio. I sat in one of the lawn chairs waiting for her explaination.

"Ok listen Axel............."