~ T W E L V E ~

Eventually everyone left. It took a while but they did. I was very, very grateful they were no longer here. I couldn't stand another question about how I was doing.

They guys decided to spend the night. By the time everyone left it was pretty late. My mom thought it would be better if they stayed here. Which hey I wasn't saying no to. They are my best friends, I just hope they don't mind waking up to Lane crying in the middle of the night.

We blew up a mattress and put it on the floor next to my bed. Either they were both gonna sleep on it or one would sleep on it and the other sleep on the floor. I hated sharing my bed. Just like I hated people just coming into my room without me knowing.

"Alright boys. I'm gonna head to bed. Don't stay up to late ok." My mom said on her way to bed.

We stayed up for a little while longer and played on our phones. Mainly the guys showing me pictures of girl they thought were hot. It was boring. As I was going to fall asleep Lane began to cry. I sighed and got up. She looked up at me with her tear filled eyes.

I gently picked her up and held her in my arms. She snuggled into my chest. I chuckled as her crying stopped.

"What the fuck man! How do you do that?" Jake asked.

"I don't know. It just kinda happens."

"He's got his fathers touch." I heard my dad say from the door.

I looked up and smiled at him. He always stayed away from the house on days mom was throwing her parties. He claims that he has a lot of work. But we all know he is just sitting in his office watching some sport that is going on.

"What game was on tonight?" I asked with a smirk.

He chuckled and shook his head at me. The guys laughed along with us. I had told them about how my dad stays at work on these days before.

"I actually had work tonight. But I would have rather watched the football game." He said with a frown.

He walked into my room and looked at Lane. She was sleeping peacefully in my arms. He had a smile on his face. He reached his hand up and gently rubbed her cheek with his thumb. She snuggled into me again.

"Alright kiddos. I'm gonna go to bed. Love ya." He said messing up my hair.

He waved at the guys as he walked out of my room. I placed Lane on my bed and changed into some pajamas. Which in my book consisted of just some sweatpants. I picked Lane back up and placed her in my arms. I sat down on my bed.

"So what happened between you and Alex?" Max asked.

"Eh, she asked one to many questions, and she wouldn't drop it." I said with a shrug.

"So she asked about the scar and the tattoo? Wait why did she see them?" Jake asked with a smirk.

"She gave me a back massage. And yeah I she took my shirt off to 'get a better rub' I guess."

"Damnnnn. I would have hooked up with her right then and there." Max said.

I shook my head with a frown. They know about the tattoo and scar. They should know that it is something I hate talking about. They should understand why I walked out.

I felt my eyes droop. Lane was so cute though, I don't want to put her back in there.

"Want me to put her in there for you?"

"No. She's fine for now. But if I fall asleep make sure to wake me up right away." I said.

He nodded. I looked down at my little princess. I rubbed her chubby little cheeks. A small smile made it's way to her face. I smiled down at her. I took her tiny hand in mine. She laced her little fingers around one of mine. I hate how much she has already grown.

I wish she would just stay this little forever. I can't even imagine how she will look when she's gets to my age. I don't want to imagine it. I just wish she would stay this little. Why do people have to grow up. I don't want her to see this terrible world. I want her to see the good in everyone. I want her to love everyone. I want her to live the happiest life there is.

I don't want her to grow up. Eventually, yes. But not for a long time.

I want her to stay My Little Princess forever.